Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Afraid of the “Big-Yellow-Bus!”

BlogCruiseButton

You may think that I started homeschooling because of some passion or conviction.  You may think I started homeschooling because I’m the teaching type or because we lived in the slums when Banana Taffy was born, the truth of the matter is that I was afraid.  Afraid of what you ask?

The school bus.  Plan and simple.  How in the world was I going to stick this adorable, helpless, innocent, perfect little person on that big scary school bus?

Dsc00033

And how about his brother close behind him…could I stick him on there?

DSC00001

There was just NO WAY I could do it!! 

DSC00034

Just look at that face…

So now you know the truth…no passion, no conviction, no great revelation, just plain and simple fear.

All that said, now I do have passion and conviction and revelation to keep me on this path, but it all started out really simply.  “No busses for us!”

2011 Portraits 056

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

2 comments:

  1. Sweet! I love seeing those guys as little ones! I really hated that the school bus didn't bring my little one home until 4:00! So late! His whole day spent in school. Not fun! Homeschool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Our reasons were similar. I was not going to send my son to public school and we couldn't afford private so we kept him home.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!