Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Salmon Patties

Okay, as requested, here’s the recipe that I can take total credit for!  Usually I’m modifying somebody else’s recipe, but not this time. 

018

This is what I used to make 12 little Salmon Patties.

  • 3 cans boneless & skinless pink salmon from Costco
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup of chopped spinach
  • 1 tbsp of parmesan cheese
  • 1/4 cup bread crumbs
  • a dribble of chicken broth if needed

Directions-

Drain the salmon and flake into your mixer bowl, add two eggs and everything else.  Save the chicken broth to see if you need a little more moisture to hold the patties together.  I just remembered the first time I made these I added a little lemon juice, very yummy addition.

In a heated pan add 1 tbsp. of coconut oil.  While that’s heating up, shape your patties.  I prefer to make many little ones, but you could make bigger ones if you want.

020

I’d say these were about 3 inches in diameter and about 1/2 inch thick.  Gently place your patties in the hot oil and brown, flip and get the other side golden brown.  Allow to cool on a paper towel.

021

I served these with Quinoa and broccoli.  My family LOVES these!  They have just the right amount of crispy outer layer.  They have approximately 96.5 calories per patty.

019

This is what I used to make the Quinoa.  Quinoa is so cool because it’s a perfect protein and it’s loaded with calcium and iron.  You cook it similar to rice: 1 part quinoa to 2 parts liquid.  After rinsing the quinoa, put it in a pot with your liquid of choice.  I chose chicken stock.  Bring it to a boil, once it’s boils, reduce heat to a simmer and let it simmer covered until all the liquid is absorbed.  It will look funny, kind of like there’s little baby finger nails mixed in there.  I added a couple tablespoons of parmesan cheese to give it a little more flavor.  It has a nice semi crunchy/chewy texture.

022

This was our protein packed lunch!  YUM!

Be Blessed as you nourish your family on the inside and out!

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious - I'm going to put spinach in the next ones I make! I also found if I made the patties and refrigerated them they didn't fall apart so easily when cooking, or even just chill the mixture before making the patties.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!