Monday, November 7, 2011

Weight-loss Journal {4}

Phew…so glad another week is over with!  Honestly I think this week Mr. Taffy and I have gone through a bit of mourning as it applies to food and what it has meant in our life.  We were a sight on Sunday.  We were running around doing errands and the sky had the look and feel of snow, it made us crave a fattening coffee and an apple fritter like crazy!  But we were there for each other, joked about it and moved on.

I’m happy to report, that even without a smidge of exercise last week I still lost a little over a pound.  I am so close to my first goal of getting under 200 that I can taste (that’s probably not the right word) it!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

I actually did a little shopping this weekend.  I don’t really like to buy clothes for myself unless I’m getting a really good deal, like at a garage sale or Goodwill.  But when I was looking through my closet this weekend, at all the “used” stuff in my closet I just made a comment about needing something different to wear and my wonderful husband said let’s go shopping!  I didn’t really want to go sopping until I lost some more weight, but since he was offering…how could I refuse!  The fun part was when I tried on stuff in size 16, like jeans, they actually fit!  No sucking in…no stuffing in.  One pair of jeans just didn’t look cute, but I bought the other pair!  And I got a lovely top to wear for our family Christmas picture and Mr. Taffy picked out a few tops for me as well.  It was really fun!

Some of the interesting things I cooked this week included-

  • Butternut Squash Soup
  • Turkey and Spinach Meatballs
  • Salmon Patties (homemade with spinach)
  • Quinoa cooked in chicken broth with a little parmesan cheese
  • Spinach and Parmesan Omelets

I ordered massive amounts of apples and carrots from Azure so I have been juicing too.  My good friend also let me buy some of her ample supply of winter veggies.  I have a 50 pound bag of Yukon Gold potatoes and loads of butternut and acorn squash to use.  I am so excited about produce!!

I also learned that Quinoa has a huge amount of calcium and iron in it and is a perfect protein by itself!  All that calcium didn’t register in my Spark’s Nutrition but I’m still comforted to know it’s there.  I haven’t had much in the form of dairy since watching what I eat.

I could go on and on but I must move on to other things!  Please don’t ever hesitate to give me advice regarding my weight-loss journey, I will take all the help I can get!

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

6 comments:

  1. Yay! Congrats on new clothes that make you feel good. I hope you hit your first goal this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done daughter! I've never made Quinoa but I hear it is good. I wonder if its a little like cous-cous. Unbelievable to have your husband go clothes shopping with you and encourage you to buy things!!! (in a wonderful way).

    ReplyDelete
  3. My advice to you is... YOU ARE LOOKING GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yaaay!!! I have fallen off the bandwagon with my weight loss, but you are inspiring me to get back!

    Two questions for you... 1. We found a brand new juicer at a garage sale. Do you have any recipes you can share? 2. What is your salmon patty with spinach recipe?? Hubby loves these but I love the thought of adding spinach. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carolyn, yes, I will share the recipe the next time I make them! They were delish and everybody but the 3 year old LOVED them! As for the juicing, I just like apple/carrot juice. That's my favorite! It's yummy to add a little parsley and celery too, but you don't need much of those.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found you from a comment on Brianna's blog. What an adorable bunch of Taffies you have! My husband and I had so much fun going down the sidebar.


    Feel free to link up your weight loss journal at my Fit Mommy Check-In. We're a small group of mommies trying hard to get healthy.I post on Friday, but join in on whatever day suits you.

    Blessings,

    Annie Kate
    I am your latest follower.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!