Sunday, November 13, 2011

Weight-loss Journal {5}

I have GOOD news!  I made my very first goal this week!  Here’s the proof:

012

Excuse my Olay face, I so have my Grandma’s eyebrows!

I weighed myself early this week and actually met my goal around Thursday.  Then on Friday I took my children for a long 2+ hour drive into Wisconsin and I pretty much had to eat the entire drive.  I tried to make good choices:  tangerines, bitter carrots, a turkey, goat cheese and spinach wrap on a sprouted grain tortilla.  The not so good choice was the Kettle Corn.  My weight was back up yesterday but I was feeling very bloated, so I was hoping after a good night’s sleep and gallon of water I would get back down and sure enough I did!  Yay!  I didn’t have any witnesses the first time I weighed myself so I was so thankful I could get the same reading on Sunday morning.

For my reward I bought this:

001

It’s a handmade basket with a wood bottom.  I love it so much!  It’s so great to carry all my multiple reading materials and list making paraphernalia!  Here’s another view.  It even smells good!

002

So now I have to  come up with another goal…I think my next goal should be my actual weight and my driver’s license weight being in agreement with each other.  That would be 180 pounds. (yeah, it’s been a lie for pretty much a decade…sigh) Is 18 pounds too long of time to wait for a reward?  Maybe a intermediate goal should be 190.  Okay, my goal is to get to 190 by Christmas. That should be doable.

We still haven’t replaced our treadmill yet, but are hoping to find a great deal as Black Friday gets closer.

I’m making handmade Salmon Patties for lunch today, I’ll share the recipe soon!

So happy!

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

P.S.  I have to mention something here…it’s really significant that I made this goal this week, because Mr. Taffy was gone hunting for 3 days .  In the past I would have spent a lot time eating while he was away (lonely trigger).  God is so GRACIOUS!

8 comments:

  1. GREAT JOB!!! I would've been eating the entire time too! My hubs leaves this week Thurs. and won't be back until late Sun. night....I hope I do as ok as you did! Love the basket! I think that 190 would be a good intermediate goal....like you should go get a pedi or your hair done.

    I found that I had to force myself to only weigh in once a week...at the same time every week. I was obsessed every day with what the scale would say. It is amazing how if fluctuates through out the week. It was really discouraging. I bet you're right....it's just some bloating...not a significant gain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go daughter! I know it hasn't been easy. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ONDERLAND! God IS great! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH GREAT JOB!!!!! See, little by little it's coming off! You look great! So happy for you!
    And I love your reward! How fun~
    GOD BLESS!
    ♥Jamie♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S. I can really see the difference in your face! cheekbones!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yaaay! Your journey has been very encouraging for me! Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice job! I love your reward. I used to eat lots of candy when my hubby was gone to help with the "single parent" stress. I can't wait to see what your next reward is.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the reward and sharing your story! Also really liked how you showed us how to make the salmon patties. Great!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!