Saturday, December 17, 2011

Weight-loss Journal {10}

I meant to do this update on Friday, but I just couldn’t make it happen!  I’ve had a pretty good week.  I’ve been really energetic and really sleepy too!  I’ve had really good self-control and also been tempted almost beyond what I could handle!

My prayer this week has been, “Less of me and more of You, Lord.  Less of my flesh and more of your Spirit!”  It’s a funny prayer, but it’s been effective!

I weighed in at 187.4 on Friday.  Phew!  I’ve had a few treats this week.  Like Caribou had a customer appreciation day and I had a coffee.  I also had a dark chocolate bar from Trader Joes…that time of the month.  lol  I’m starting to see it really is okay to have a treat once in a while.  It’s the constant indulgence of treats that was getting me into trouble!  Constant might be an understatement in all honestly.

001

Me and my girls ready to go see the Nutcracker.  We got to see a matinee with a educators discount-$18.00 for the 4 of us!

I can see that as Christmas approaches is it going to be more and more challenging to have self-control.  I’m just glad some of the cravings have stopped and the hunger pangs don’t torment me all day long anymore!!

Carry On!

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

3 comments:

  1. Wow! OVER halfway to your goal! You are amazing. Now you know you can do ANYTHING you set your mind to! What a great picture of you and your girls. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mom! I'm so happy! I love watching the pounds go down! I'm so looking forward to spring and new clothes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe how quickly you are taking the weight off. That is awesome! I love your prayer. It is so perfect for many situations. Yeah, to the hunger going away!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!