Saturday, January 14, 2012

Weight-Loss Journal {12}

A couple good things happened this week on my weight loss journey.  You’ll recall me mentioning us looking for a treadmill.  Well, to no avail, so instead Mr. Taffy negotiated an amazing deal at a local fitness club for us.  For 29$ a month the 5 us (over 12 years old) have a membership to this club, no sign up fee or anything.  What’s even better is that our Health Insurance will reimburse both Mr. Taffy and I $20 each for going 8 times a month!  We will actually be making a little money on the deal!  Amazing!!  So, needless to say, we have been to the club a few times this week!  I’ve been using their elliptical machine, it’s nice on my knees!  I’ve also been doing some light weight lifting.  My goals being to strength the muscles around my knees, get rid of my pizza dough belly and my flabby underarms. 

The second cool thing that happened this week is that I fit into and bought a pair of size 14 jeans!

009 (2)                       012

Okay, I guess they aren’t exactly jeans…more like khaki’s, but they are cotton, not cotton stretch.  When I look at these pictures I still think I have a long way to go.  It does help that I have some other before pictures to compare them too.  (The pants are 14 and the shirt XL. I’m not proportional…yet.)

014            003

In both of these photos the shirt is XXL.  The jeans were 18, the black pants XL.

Considering it’s my “time of the month” I’m pretty happy with my weight.  181.4  What am I saying?  I am actually thrilled with that!!  Less than 20lbs to go!  I can scarcely believe it!

My hunger pangs are subsiding greatly!  And I found that I lose the most weight when I avoid gluten.  Sugar doesn’t seem to be the issue as much as gluten.  Interesting!

Less of me…More of HIM!

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

8 comments:

  1. You are looking good!!! Lucky you - sugar is a lot harder to give up than gluten. (for me at least).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mom~I've just noticed that I can cheat a little more where sugar is involved, but not so much with gluten! It would be SO hard to have NO sugar! Death I say! :)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! You look great! I started to loss some weight, but I gave it up :( Your story is helpful, and I like to cheer with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I don't get a chance to comment often, but I love reading all your posts! I love how you are tackling your weight and feeling so good. Now that Caleb is here, I'm watching the baby weight fall off and I'm wondering how much of the extra weight will be left over. :) I can't wait to be able to get out and exercise and lose the rest of my weight too.
    Great job, and keep it up!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So good to hear from you Christine!! I remember you always do a good job of getting your baby weight off!! Blessings!

      Delete
  4. Thank you Eszter! Don't give up!! If I can do it, I KNOW you can too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look'n good!! :) You're going to make it to that goal!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome progress girl! Hurray for new clothes in a smaller size.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!