Monday, March 26, 2012

Angel Food Cake Supreme

We had friends over this weekend and since Minnesota is experiencing an early spring I thought the best way to celebrate our friends and spring was to make Angel Food Cake Supreme!

003

You can see it’s leaning ever so slightly…didn’t affect the taste at all!  :)   What I did was take a store bought angel food cake and then cut it into 4 layers.

In between each layer I spread Lemon Curd (that I made) and whipping cream (made that too) and a layer of sliced strawberries.  I wish I would have made the angel food cake, it would have been a little healthier.  I sprinkled the top with blueberries and raspberries and strawberries.

005

This delightful cake of awesomeness wasn’t easy to cut.  So I basically skewered it steady it.

008

That worked pretty well.  This was so delicious and so easy and got many oooh’s and aaaah’s! 

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

2 comments:

  1. That is gorgeous! I can almost taste it! (A cake mix angel food cake is really easy - just add water!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was one of the BEST CAKES EVER!!!
    Thanks so much for learning to make REAL food mom!
    Love,
    Tirzah

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!