Saturday, March 3, 2012

Bouncing Baby Boys and Deep Dish Delights!

Okay, misleading title…he’s not a baby anymore, but he’ll always be my baby, always the one who made me a mom first, always the one that showed me how deeply and completely I could love a new life. 

022

No matter how hard I try to wrap my brain around it, I just can’t seem to believe that my baby turned 17.  I totally remember being 17, wasn’t that just yesterday?  I’m telling you young moms, you will be me one day.  I don’t know how it snuck up on me like this but I wasn’t prepared for it!  How did that happen so fast?

020

His day started out with homemade biscuits and cheesy ham and eggs.  (totally lovin’ my cast iron pan)

024

Then of course he had to open his presents right away because I think it’s mean to make him wait all day!

028

His big gift was a pair of cowboy boots, in size 16!!  He’s a big boy!

034

036

He is so worth it!

The rest of the day was pretty normal, school and all that.  But in the evening his meal of choice was Enchiladas, Refried Beans, Rice and GIGANTIC DEEP DISH Chocolate Chip Cookie! (I found this on Pinterest)

001

Ooo la la!

005

Me and my “baby.”

011

“Many hands make the work light!”

015

                   017

Happy birthday Big Guy!  Thanks for being such a great son!  Thanks for being the first born I always hoped for!  I’m so excited to see where the Lord takes you in this life. Your gifts of leadership and generosity will propel wherever you want to go!  The world better hold on tight! 

Joyfully,

Momma Taffy

3 comments:

  1. Thanks mom!! :D I love you too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Banana Taffy! :) I remember being 17 too....like it was yesterday. Enjoy your year....pursue Christ with all you have! That is one thing I regret not doing during my teen years....you will never regret being sold out for God. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!