It’s that time of year again, the time when garage sale signs start popping up on the corners. (At least for those of us in the northern states, I know my friends in the south have been enjoying yard sales for many months! LUCKY!)
A bit of business before I share my treasures. As this is the official relaunch of Garage Sale Treasures I’d like to share what I want this blog carnival to be about and what I don’t want it to be about.
- Garage Sale Treasures is first and foremost a fun way to BRAG (yep, I said it) about the awesome deals we find!
- Garage Sale Treasures is primarily for the sharing of the things we find for OUR family, not for Ebay. Let me explain a little…at the end of last year a few ladies were linking up and sharing the amazing things they found with the focus being to resale those things on ebay or in some other way. There are many blogs that already host ebay linky parties, this isn’t one of them. If you find a thing or two that you intend to resale, go ahead and share that, but the majority of your purchases need to be for the provision of your family.
- You can share the treasures you find at thrift stores, consignment shops, garage sales, or even in dumpsters!
- My goal is to have this post up every Saturday and I’ll leave the linky open for a week.
- Please link back to my blog when you share your post and feel free to use my little picture!
Okay, hopefully that wasn’t too painful for everybody! I’m only a little uncomfortable! lol Without further ado, here are the few, but cute, things I found this past week.
I found these two adorable baskets for $1.00 each. They were filthy when I discovered them, but they cleaned up nicely and will now hold my potatoes and onions! Cute!
I also found another one of these pie crust protectors at the same sale for .25! I own two of these handy things now and they look really cute hanging on my kitchen wall.
Garage sales are only just starting in our area, April is early for us, but it’s so exciting. I’m still making frequent trips to Goodwill and Once Upon a Child to see what I can find.
I was pretty happy to find a pair of Keens for Bubble Gum at Once Upon a Child. They were $9.99 and they have a lot of life left in them, I’m sure they will last until Marshmallow can wear them.
A beautiful wool hat…I love it!! It was $2.99 at Goodwill and brand new! (for me)
And finally, a slightly extravagant Goodwill purchase…a pair of 9 West sandals. I think they are adorable! They were $9.99. Kind of expensive for Goodwill but the bottoms look like they’ve never worn outside.
So there you have it, not too much, but just you wait, there are two all-city garage sales coming up in May. I. Can. Not.Wait!
Happy treasure hunting,
P.S. If you have questions about how to Link-up, you can read this (hopefully) helpful post!