Saturday, April 14, 2012

Garage Sale Treasures is BACK!!

Garage Sale Treasure Button

It’s that time of year again, the time when garage sale signs start popping up on the corners.  (At least for those of us in the northern states, I know my friends in the south have been enjoying yard sales for many months!  LUCKY!)

A bit of business before I share my treasures.  As this is the official relaunch of Garage Sale Treasures I’d like to share what I want this blog carnival to be about and what I don’t want it to be about.

  • Garage Sale Treasures is first and foremost a fun way to BRAG (yep, I said it) about the awesome deals we find!
  • Garage Sale Treasures is primarily for the sharing of the things we find for OUR family, not for Ebay.  Let me explain a little…at the end of last year a few ladies were linking up and sharing the amazing things they found with the focus being to resale those things on ebay or in some other way.  There are many blogs that already host ebay linky parties, this isn’t one of them.  If you find a thing or two that you intend to resale, go ahead and share that, but the majority of your purchases need to be for the provision of your family.
  • You can share the treasures you find at thrift stores, consignment shops, garage sales, or even in dumpsters! 
  • My goal is to have this post up every Saturday and I’ll leave the linky open for a week.
  • Please link back to my blog when you share your post and feel free to use my little picture! 

 

Okay, hopefully that wasn’t too painful for everybody!  I’m only a little uncomfortable!  lol  Without further ado, here are the few, but cute, things I found this past week.

018

I found these two adorable baskets for $1.00 each.  They were filthy when I discovered them, but they cleaned up nicely and will now hold my potatoes and onions!   Cute!

019

I also found another one of these pie crust protectors at the same sale for .25!  I own two of these handy things now and they look really cute hanging on my kitchen wall.

Garage sales are only just starting in our area, April is early for us, but it’s so exciting.  I’m still making frequent trips to Goodwill  and Once Upon a Child to see what I can find. 

002

I was pretty happy to find a pair of Keens for Bubble Gum at Once Upon a Child.  They were $9.99 and they have a lot of life left in them, I’m sure they will last until Marshmallow can wear them.

003

A beautiful wool hat…I love it!!  It was $2.99 at Goodwill and brand new! (for me)

001

And finally, a slightly extravagant Goodwill purchase…a pair of 9 West sandals.  I think they are adorable!  They were $9.99.  Kind of expensive for Goodwill but the bottoms look like they’ve never worn outside. 

So there you have it, not too much, but just you wait, there are two all-city garage sales coming up in May.  I. Can. Not.Wait!

Happy treasure hunting,

Mrs. Taffy

P.S.  If you have questions about how to Link-up, you can read this (hopefully) helpful postSmile

12 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhh - this makes me so excited to start "sailing"! I hope that my adventures don't take me to the dump...but I'm not ashamed if they do....LOL! (that dumpster comment really made me howl)...think the official word for it would be "dumpster diving" - and I just might look every now and then as it would be such a hoot if I actually found something useful there. It will be so fun to link up (did my first link up today..I know behind the times)...Happy Sailing everyone! May the Lord bless all of our efforts with things we really need and maybe some things we didn't know we "needed"...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly...I wasn't thinking of you when I said the dumpster thing! lol You'll have do much fun linking up friend! My regulars are real good commentors!! LOVE YOU!!

      Delete
  2. Whopsie...really wanted you to know that I LOVE your new hat - you will look marvy in it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so fun!!! That hat is beautiful! I went to a Mom2Mom sale a couple weekends ago and found some great clothes for Annabelle. I am selling in a Mom2Mom next weekend and am excited about that (hopefully making some money for the rest of our curriculum). I cannot wait until the garage sales start up around here....they are slowly coming out of the woodwork (too slowly lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see what you find this year Jessica!!

      Delete
  4. I want to see a photo with YOU wearing that hat! (cute) You have gotten me all excited about garage sales! The baskets remind me of our trip to the apple orchard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are going to have one Humongous post to link up after your visit in May!!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for starting this again. Last year I really enjoyed seeing all the treasures you found! My family and I love to yard sale! I don't have a blog to share my finds ... but love seeing others!

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome, thanks for cheering us on! You can always leave a comment and tell us of your amazing finds too! This is THE place to brag! :)

      Delete
  6. Yaaaayy!!! I've sooo been waiting for you to starting hosting again!! My link is actually from a month ago! I did go last week but I haven't had time to post it yet. I figure I will be a week behind in my posting. Some of my stuff is resale (oops!) but I will try to keep it mostly for our family. :)

    LOVE those baskets!! I've been on the lookout for some for our onions and potatoes too. :) And those shoes for you are stinking cute! Way to go!!! Can't wait to check back next week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for understanding Caroline! I'm glad you linked up an old post, I was hoping you would! :)

      Delete
    2. Oh, I am hoping to every week! It's more motivating when I can share with others and see what others are getting too! :) I am hoping Jessica @ The Preschool Experiment & Our Country Road link up too! I love seeing what other mommas are buying for their kids & home! Thanks so much for hosting!!

      Delete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!