Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The end of a season.

May is an extremely busy month for us.  I’ve felt so behind in everything!  But that’s because I’ve been busy with so many other things!  I’m so glad May is almost over, I love this month, but it can get OVERWHELMING!  I realize that my last few blog posts have been somewhat dull.  I’m really sorry about that!  I’ve resigned as an Old Schoolhouse reviewer.  While I loved reviewing homeschool products I started to feel a little schizophrenic.  I have one more review for them and you won’t see any more reviews for a while.  Instead I will blog about organizing and running a large family, about health and dealing with a depressed spouse, about my Faith and God’s mercy. 

Today though I want to share with you about a most monumental event in somebody’s life: 

Strawberry Taffy turned 14!

030                     032

033

034

It was so special because my mom was here to celebrate with us!  Strawberry was born on Mother’s Day weekend, so it’s always extra fun to celebrate her birthday!  She was conceived on my birthday and born on Mother’s Day, I think that’s pretty cool!

008

Her older brothers decorated the house for her birthday!

121

123

We just had a simple celebration like we always do, but it was extra special with my mom here and extra special because Strawberry had been counting down the days to her birthday for months!  She loves CAKE!!

122

So as birthday season and our busy May season comes to an end I just want to say, “Happy Birthday Sweet Girl!  So thankful for your life and your influence on our family!  You bring me joy daily, peace always and are my constant delight!  May your 14th year see you blossom into a beautiful young lady full of dignity and grace!  I love you honey girl!”

Joyfully,

Momma Taffy

14 comments:

  1. What fun pictures! I love all the big smiles. Happy 14th to your girl. Our oldest girl turned 14 in April. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that you will get back on track! Sad to not have you as a crew mate, but since we met before the crew - I'm assuming our online friendship won't suffer for it! I didn't know you too had a spouse with depression. I have few friends that can understand. Maybe that's why I love ya! Back to great family posts!!! Love the ducky cake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to have you as a friend Angie! I hope we bump into each other in real life someday!

      Delete
  3. you are an amazing mom i pray to be like you.you kids are so blessed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you May! It's all because of God's grace! He's so good to me! :)

      Delete
  4. I LOVE your blog. Keep up the great work. I feel so inspired by your posts. How is the weight loss journey? You've done so well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda!! The weight loss journey is pretty much at a stand still...frustrated. But thankfully I'm not gaining any weight. Maybe once I wean Marshmallow I'll be able to lose those last few pounds! Thanks for your encouragement, it means so much!

      Delete
  5. I've said it once and I'll say it again....Happy Birthday Strawberry! :) 14 was a very pivotal life changing year for me. I made a whole lot of wrong decisions and ran from God's calling in my life. My prayer for you for you to stay grounded in your faith, God's plans are so much bigger and better than anything you could ever imagine or hope for. Have a wonderful 14th year of no regrets! :)

    Mrs. Taffy I'm glad that your life gets to slow down (really....does that ever really happen with a big family? lol). Enjoy your well deserved change of season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica! Your prayers mean so much to us! So thankful for you!!

      Delete
  6. Being there for Strawberry's birthday was such a huge joy for me too! So wonderful to be there in your big happy family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will miss seeing you on CREW, but will see ya around your blog! Enjoy this new season!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good decision! I was trying to create a Totschool post every week for Carisa's meme over my last 2 kids Zazu and Alba, and I found it difficult to get that done and make time for what God was really leading me to write about. It actually stressed me out and for what??? I've made a decision to try and KEEP IT REAL. Writing on my blog when I feel like it and about things that is on my mind and heart, not something I feel obligated to do, because of blog popularity or making money. Life is too precious! God is too good. I've actually missed YOUR writing (if you know what I mean?), you have much to offer. Bless you bloggy friend! Mo :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mo! You always say the most encouraging things! Hugs!

      Delete
  9. I look forward to your home and family posts!! And also the ones about your spouse. My hubby is not very stable emotionally all the time and it makes for some very exhausting days on top of everything else. I look forward to reading about your journey and how you deal with it!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!