Saturday, May 5, 2012

Garage Sale Treasures Week 4

Garage Sale Treasure Button

I am basically falling asleep while I’m sitting here, it’s only 4:30 in the afternoon.  I made about 20 typos in the first sentence.  Snore…Exhausted isn’t even a strong enough word.  Ah well, each season in life is different and has it’s blessings and it’s difficulties.  Phew!  Thank God for Garage Sales, a happy diversion from my full days. 

We went out Thursday.  All of us.  It was really fun since it was the first time since last year that we are all able to get out during the week.  We went to a neighborhood sale, mostly over-priced but I found a few things.

010

A Curious George Reader, it’s thick.  $1.00.  2 Word World DVD’s-$2.00 each.  New little animal toy.  $1.00 Cool scissors.  .25 each.  Belles on Their Toes book. .50 and party blowers. .25.  All but the Belle book and the party blowers are being saved for Christmas.  Well, maybe not the scissors.  I might bring those out when we start school up again.

009

Gap Nightgown for Marshmallow .50  Gymboree Dress for Bubble Gum .50  Robeez shoes for Marshmallow-2.00

011

St. Patrick’s Day Flag-.50, Leaf Plate (candle holder)-.50 and those knives are my best find.  I have a few of these knives that I bought new, they were close to $10.00 each.  But I only paid .25 for the little one and .50 for the big one!  They sharpen up so nicely!

008

  I bought this skirt for myself.  I had to get rid of my old jean skirt because it was too big. This one is a size 12 and was $3.00  It’s Gap.  The great thing is I didn’t think it would fit me, not really.  But when I got it home and tried it on, it actually fit me!  JOY!

 

012

This is Bubble Gum’s great purchase.  She’s been saving her money since Christmas for the garage sales.  She found this sweet treasure for $4.00! 

013

And finally, the stuff I bought at the used curriculum sale I sold at on Friday.  I didn’t buy much because I don’t really need anything.  The magnetic letters are cool because they are really big, like big enough for Marshmallow to play with.  One buck has lower case, the other has capitals.  They were $1.00 each.  Basically everything here was a dollar except the Sea Bird book @ $2.00 and the Baker Bee book @.50. I’m pretty happy about the Latin Dictionary and the Greek Books. I made over $100 at the sale though!

How did you do?  Did you find any treasures?  Please share your finds with us by linking up below!  If you’ve never joined us before, please read this post first!

Let the bagging begin!

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

5 comments:

  1. Don't you love the joy of the hunt? never knowing what you will come across...You found many goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muito legal estas vendas de garagem, pena que aqui no Brasil esta cultura não é difundida, eu ia adorar. Aqui temos os "brechós" que são como estas vendas de garagem, mas que são realizadas em igrejas ou escolas como forma de conseguir fundis para algum evento que irão realizar. Eu gosto muito de visitar estas vendas pois sempre tem coisas legais. Aqui também tem alguns "brechós" permanentes, são lojas mesmo. Quem sabe um dia assimilamos esta cultura de vendas de garagem, eu ficarei feliz.
    Visitei o blog da sua filha e também vou virar seguidora dela.
    Tenha um ótimo final de semana.

    Marta
    http://eucraftemuitomais.blogspot.com

    .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Bubble Gum! How exciting for her, and what a cute bag! Love the skirt! I know one of these days I'll have to say goodbye to mine. It's approaching 10 years old, and it's my favorite denim skirt. I'm going to have a hard time finding one I like just as much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea on fitting into a new skirt (especially exciting cause you didn't think it would fit!!). LOVE that you found Christmas presents already. Can't wait to find some of those myself. Great job at the curriculum sale. I can never seem to find those around here....I would have to drive all the way to Lansing I think (2 hours away)....might be something that I'll have to start doing later in our school years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugg!! I just now realized you started posting the treasures again! I'll be joining in soon! Love the DVDs and your cute new skirt!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!