Saturday, May 19, 2012

The Genesis Code~Movie Review

image

Kerry Wells (Kelsey Sanders), a college journalist and committed Christian with an effervescent personality, has been assigned to do a story on Blake Truman (Logan Bartholomew) the college’s newest and very popular hockey superstar. As a relationship between them begins to develop Kerry finds that Blake, who hides behind a tough and independent fa├žade, is actually struggling through a difficult personal crisis and that he bears the cross of a secret he has kept hidden for years. Blake rebuffs Kerry's suggestion that prayer might help ease his burden; he is convinced that modern science completely disproves the Bible, especially the opening verses of Genesis. Kerry — who is herself suddenly confronted with a challenge to her faith on another front — sets out to prove that science and Genesis are not in conflict and her quest leads to a startling revelation. Could it be that what science teaches us about creation and the Story as told in Genesis are both true! (From the Publisher)

I’ve had quite the assortment of people watch The Genesis Code to help me do my review.  There was my mom who grew up only every hearing about science from an evolutionary stand-point.  My scientific son who thinks Physics is fascinating and my skeptical husband who whole-heartedly believes the Bible to be truth and doesn’t give evolution much credence.  And then there was me…I am not into science, not at all.  Creation is not something I have ever struggled with and I don’t question whether or not the earth was created in a literal 6 days or not.  To me it’s one of those areas the Bible calls, “needful things.” 

All that being said, we all agree that the movie was very enjoyable.  My Mom and daughter were both moved to tears by the surprise ending.  My son was lit up, intrigued by the scientific analysis explored movie.  My husband wasn’t impressed.  Not surprising.  Winking smile  I enjoyed the movie, but being that I don’t really care about science or struggle with Creation, I got a little bored.  It’s 138 minutes long!!

A few spots of warning that my conservative mind thinks you’ll want to know about so you can decide who the movie would be appropriate for:  The college kids are shown drinking beer and in one scene a big guy is chug-a-lugging a whole pitcher of it.  There is a kissing scene toward the end and the subject of virginity comes up.  There is another time during a discussion between the Reverend and a liberal scientist that female circumcision is mentioned briefly.

So if you are looking for a family movie that will get you talking and discussing the finer points of creation and evolution and physics, you will no doubt enjoy this interesting movie!

I’ve a got a copy to share!! 

If you want a chance to win a copy of this Dove Family Approved Movie:  The Genesis Code, leave me a comment with your email address.  I’ll draw the winner on May 25th!!

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

“Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mrs. Taffy! I would love to have a chance to view this movie with my family and then pass it on to another family :-)

    ca_associates@hotmail.com

    Thanks for offering another fun give-away!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!