Friday, May 11, 2012

Go Science DVD~Review

image

Here’s a treat!  Creation Based Science DVD’s!  We love these!  Library and Educational Services sells these wonderful Science DVD’s.  We reviewed Volume 2:  Simple Machines, Sound & Weather and Volume 3:  Magnetism, Electricity, Engineering and Design.

Even kids who claim an aversion to science will be engaged by the high-energy science demonstrations of Ben Roy! Ben teaches science methods at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga and is the former director of a science program on television. With this expertise, Ben captivates, motivates, and inspires students to be excited about science, while providing effective instruction based on science phenomena. Each of the 67 spectacular demonstrations of physical or chemical science has a spiritual application and points to our Creator! Recommended for ages 6 to 14. (from the website)

 

Each DVD covers 14 different experiments.  Ben Roy is an energetic, passionate teacher.  Here’s the list of things I love about this series:

  • Creation Based
  • You can choose to watch each short demonstration at different times, or all at once.
  • Not cheesy
  • Not flashy
  • Honest to goodness Science that is exciting and fascinating

Blue-Raspberry Taffy LOVED these Science DVD’s.  He watched both DVD’s in one sitting.  He couldn’t get enough. 

image

“I liked it very much.  It gave me a few ideas to try the things they said to do.  I liked the way they made sound come from the glasses filled with water.  I loved watching how they did the different experiments.”

~Blue-Raspberry (9)

 

image

“I liked how they did the magnets.  I like how they made the girl’s hair all static-y and how they did the Jacob’s Ladder.  I liked all the experiments.”

~Blue-Raspberry(9)

 

 

I’ve been a fan of Library and Educational Services for years, I can’t recommend them as a wholesaler enough!  These DVD’s are just one of the thousands of great products they sell at a reduced cost to homeschoolers.  Each DVD is currently available for $8.97.  Once you get on Library and Educational Services email list you’ll get great emails with sales offers, so you may even be able to get these at a bigger discount eventually! 

To see what other members of the Old Schoolhouse Crew thought, visit the Crew Blog.

HSCrew140x180

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

Disclaimer~I was given these 2 Science DVD’s for the purpose of this review.  All opinions expressed were my own and I was not paid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!