Monday, June 18, 2012

Father’s Day Banner

Before I share with you our fun Father’s Day, I wanted to share the banner that we made in honor of my husband, the BEST Father for my children! 

We started out cutting triangles from cardstock.  Then I painted each of the children’s hand, left and right and they made their hand print on the triangles.

007

018

031

Even the BIG boys let me paint their hands!  They are good sports and were actually happy to participate!

044

054

Banana Taffy’s Big Ole’ hand barely fit on the triangle!!

060

When they were all done, we had this.

066

After the paint was dry, I outlined the hand prints with a black marker and then Strawberry Taffy painted the letters on each triangle that spells out “Happy Father’s Day!”

005                     004

After that paint was dry the children wrote messages to their daddy on the back of their hand prints.

007

Next, I laminated the triangles and Strawberry tied them together and hung them up, like this:

027

Mr. Taffy LOVED it!!  He had so much fun reading the messages on the back.  We’ll be able to bring this out each year and the kids will love seeing how their hands have changed.  Seeing all those hands up there, in all those different sizes blesses me more than I can explain!

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

4 comments:

  1. Okay, now that is TOO cute! Great job and what a great idea! I might have to "borrow" that idea from you for next year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhh...I love it! We might have to do that next year! Such a great idea - and one that can be used and not forgotten....also great for small living spaces!

    Really thought the picture of your hands and Banana's big ole' hand was precious...thinking that that picture should be framed - it really is precious!

    Your children are a delight - just look at the carefree smile on Chocolate's face..."and her children will rise and call her blessed" - that's you dear friend...you are such a wonderful mom!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THAT is the most beautiful thing I have seen in a long long time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful idea! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!