Friday, October 26, 2012

“Do not fret…”

005

I went to the Word looking for a little encouragement and look what I found!

Trust in the Lord, and do good; dwell in the land and feed on his faithfulness. Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart, commit your way to the Lord, trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass.  He shall bring forth your righteousness as the light, and your justice as the noonday.  Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him; do not fret because of him who prospers in his way.  Because of the man who brings wicked schemes to pass.  Cease from anger, and forsake wrath; do not fret—it only causes harm.  For evil doers shall be cut off; but those who wait on the Lord, they shall inherit the earth.  For yet a little while and the wicked shall be no more; indeed, you will look carefully for his place, but it shall be no more.  But the meek shall inherit the earth, and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.  Psalm 37: 3-11

I have found myself fretting more than once, worrying about all the things that a Wife and Mother has to worry about, you know the list:  Am I doing enough?  Am I making my husband happy?  Am I a good wife?  Will my children follow the Lord when they leave my house?  What’s for dinner?  How can get everything done?  Oh the list goes on and on…

And on a bigger scale, our country at large and all the issues that come with whomever is elected president: Can we afford our life?  Tax increase?  Abortion?  Will homeschooling still be legal?  Will we be safe?  Who’s telling the truth?

And finances…wow that’s a big one!  Being a one income family is a blessing and struggle!  The price of groceries and household goods, cost of living, insurance, bills, our up-side-down mortgage…so much to fret about.

I was fretting this morning.  Worry about things I had no business worrying about.  This psalm was a balm to my soul, written so long ago but so relevant to me, a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom today.  God is amazing like that.  His Word transcends time. 

Clearly God has it all under control, clearly peace is mine for the asking and the having.  What an awesome God I serve, one who can use the words of an Ancient King to comfort the heart of a Mom in the year 2012. 

Thankful for His peace and so thankful that I don’t have to fret! 

Dropping my worries and resting in my King,

Mrs. Taffy

8 comments:

  1. I was fretting about similar things this week..finances...tax increases...homeschooling...my daily responsibilities...the hurricane coming up the coast.... Worrying wasn't doing anything except giving me a migraine! Our God is far more concerned about it than we are. :) Psalms 81 is where I was reading this morning, and it talks about what our God will do for us if we listen to Him. Since listening and obeying Him is the only option that leads to that peace, that's what I'm going to do as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ive needed this for a while, what a great way to start my day. -Norma

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful Psalm. Just what I needed to read. I think I'll pull it out and write it down for the week. I've been having a bit of forgetfulness that leads to worry that 'something' hasn't been done. Anxiety that what has been done has been done 'right'. Some days I can forget who is in control. And it ain't me. :) Thanks Friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I struggle with this also. It's kinda ridiculous as God has always worked things out for us before. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good post! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the reminder of this scripture that speaks to my heart about something I am trusting God about! He is faithful, He is in charge, and He can be trusted...although sometimes it is SO hard!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful reminder! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!