Friday, February 15, 2013

Bonker-tines Day

021

I think I went a little bonkers this Valentine’s Day.  I didn’t plan on it, it just sort of happened.  I am glad it did though because the result was a houseful of people that KNOW they are loved, by me.

I started out the morning by making cinnamon rolls.  It’s been at least 6 months since I’ve made cinnamon rolls, possibly longer. 

003

The best thing about this was the quiet that was heard during breakfast.  Not a word was uttered, only sighs of contentment, moans of delight, even the baby, which is AHHH-MAZING!

For lunch I made them Toad in a Hole’s but decided to use a heart shaped cookie cutter instead of my biscuit cutter.  Toast tastes better shaped like a heart, or so I’m told.

016

Then later in the day, for snack time, after our beloved quiet time, I made them a little party.  I just spent about $4.00 at Wal-Mart for the decorations.  But the impact, it was priceless!

031

On Wednesday I made Raspberry-Nut Valentine Cookies and hid them.  I wrapped some up in saran wrap with a big red bow and stuck them in the big guy’s lunches and then saved the rest for our Valentine’s Day snack time.

036

Just one each, with a little almond milk with pink milk ice cubes.  Bonkers…I told you!

039

Just look at these happy faces!

040

042

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

043

044

If that wasn’t enough, we watched the Mickey Mouse version of the 3 Musketeers, which is surprisingly appropriate for Valentine’s Day.  So much love!  haha!033

After the movie, my teens went up to Papa Murphy’s and bought a couple pizza’s.  A heart-shaped pizza.  Yup.  Bonkers.

047

There was more actually, but I guess I forgot to take a picture of it.  I made the mock version of Starbuck’s Cranberry Bliss Bars and dyed the frosting pink and used a heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut them out.  More love and pink and deliciousness for dinner!

029

This is the buffet in our dining room.  Look at all those Valentines!  Some came in the mail, some are from the kids, some from my husband, some too him.  He bought me roses and M & M’s, well and meat. (smile)  I gave him season 1 of Duck Dynasty. We were told it would bring more laughter into our marriage.  (smile)  Sounds good to me!

006

It was such a fun day!  I didn’t mean for it to be so “much.”  But it wasn’t stressful or anything, it just worked out.  It was gorgeous outside and cozy and sweet inside.

I hope you had a day filled with love and smiles too!

Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth. 1 John 3:18

The Battle is the Lord’s,

Mrs. Taffy

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful day so glad it was simple and filled with love, when you ever have a spare moment could you please put the cranberry bar recipe up would love to try it we don't go to Starbucks but keep reading where everyone loves them. thanks, Norma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Norma! I will, if I can remember! :) I want to share the raspberry nut Valentine cookies too because they are so easy and look so pretty.

      Delete
  2. Your thoughtfulness puts the rest of us to shame :) When I grow up I want to be just ilke you *smile* Sounds like you had a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!