Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Signs of spring

104

Now these didn’t come from my own yard, because my yard still looks like this: that pavement is my driveway!

106

But that splash of sunshine on my dining room table is a sign of spring, it IS coming.

I mainly wanted to give you a little update on more intimate things in my life.  The parts I don’t like to talk about, but that need to be talked about.  I have some good news really.  God is showing Himself faithful to all our prayers, yours and mine.  I knew He would, I was just hoping I wouldn’t have to wait forever!  (sheepish grin) 

Mr. Taffy and I are getting to a better spot in our relationship.  Granted we aren’t where we want to be but we are getting there.  Our issues got put on hold as we were dealing with issues created by one of our children.  We’ve decided that this distraction isn’t going to get the best of us and we have repurposed to spend time on reigniting the love and passion between us. I’m so thankful for our daughter Strawberry who gives of her time freely so Mr. Taffy and I can spend time together, alone.  I’ve been reading a certain book by Gary Chapman, the one about Seasons of Marriage. I’ve just determined that our marriage has been in a season of winter for far too long and I am purposed to get us back into the spring.  I confess it everywhere.  Even when the snow is still coming down.  Even when the temperature falls below zero.  God has promised that we will have seasons (all of them), until His Son’s return so I KNOW that spring will come.  It has to come.  God spoke it.

Things aren’t where we want them with our hurting son but we are seeing some improvement.  As much as it hurts to talk about we have had to let go of some of our expectations and dreams for him.  Our hearts grieve continually but God is full of mercy and grace and I’m constantly praying that my son gets ahold of that mercy and grace and doesn’t let go.  Most of this battle is spiritual.  So in some aspects I am very confident in the outcome.  That doesn’t mean that I’m enjoying the war though.  Yuck.  We had to make some hard decisions recently and enforce some heart-breaking consequences.  But there has also been much mercy exhibited. I hope my son can grab ahold of the mercy part and dwell there.  We are still so proud of him, love him so deeply and truly want the best for him. 

I realize I’m being rather vague but it’s out of respect for both my husband and my son.  I always admire people who can be completely honest about their situations but wonder how they keep from hurting people in the process.  Someday, when all hearts are healed, then I will reveal all the details that make a testimony interesting and powerful.

I wanted to thank YOU though, dear Reader.  You have been so kind to me, leaving me encouraging comments, sending me emails telling me of your own trails and hurts.  Thank for you praying.  Thank you for caring.  Thank you for hanging with me during this time of “great stretching.”

3 I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, 4 always in every prayer of mine making request for you all with joy,5 for your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now, 6 being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ; 7 just as it is right for me to think this of you all, because I have you in my heart, inasmuch as both in my chains and in the defense and confirmation of the gospel, you all are partakers with me of grace. 8 For God is my witness, how greatly I long for you all with the affection of Jesus Christ.

9 And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in knowledge and all discernment, 10 that you may approve the things that are excellent, that you may be sincere and without offense till the day of Christ, 11 being filled with the fruits of righteousness which are by Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God.  Philippians 1:3-11

With love and gratitude,

Mrs. Taffy

3 comments:

  1. Well done. Vague is perfectly O.K. and yes Spring is coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. May The Lord bless your for your faithfulness, grow your faith and heal your family! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) Always thinking of you. Praying for great breakthrough with what you are dealing with. God is always faithful.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!