Wednesday, April 17, 2013

It’s been too long…

I’m sorry.  I know it’s been so long since I’ve blogged.  I really do have things to share, I just don’t seem to have the gumption to do it.  I see a lot of competition in the bloggy world, I tend to pull away from anything competitive.  I’m happy to let somebody else take the lead! 

Here’s a recap of the last 4 weeks:

005                      008

We celebrated Easter.  The day started with a nice breakfast and lots of pictures.  Church.  The church we’ve been going to changed their service time from 9:30 to 10:30.  It worked out fine for Easter Sunday but it’s a bad time for us a big family.  Trying to sort through that…

030

034                    066

072

After church we came home and prepared to have dinner at my dad and step-mom’s house.  They live in Florida most of the year but have recently bought a townhouse near us and come up about once a month.  That’s sure a blessing!

011

A surprise Easter Egg hunt.  We don’t typically do this, the last time we did one was when Bubble Gum was a toddler.  But boy was it fun and the kids were so happy!  It was freezing outside and there was still some snow on the ground, but the sun was shining and hearts were warm.

020                 022

008

019

Even the first-born son was there!  That was a real treat.  Though Chocolate Taffy had to work and we missed him immensely!

Mr. Taffy turned 40.  All the pictures from that are on my phone.  We didn’t have a big party or anything, but I did load up the dinning room with star shaped helium balloons and I tied a balloon to his truck while he was at work that said, “You’re HOW old?”  That made him smile.

Our baby turned 2.  Can I still call her my baby?  Interesting thing about this child, her name means Jehovah’s perfection, she is our 7th (perfection) child and she was born on the 7th.  See the pattern?  So bizarre!  I wasn’t induced or anything either, God just worked that out and it took me a while to connect the dots!  ha!

012                    015

028

One more birthday and we’re done!  Yay!  I love birthday’s but I enjoy the non-birthday season too!  Because the end of birthday season marks the beginning of garage sale season! Whoop!

Spring is taking forever to land in Minnesota.  This is definitely a trial of patience, but just like before I can still see hints of what is to come.  Hope springs eternal.

Now more than ever we need to stay close to the Father.  Times are uncertain, trials are many and the time is short.  Hold fast dear friends!

The battle is the Lord’s,

Mrs. Taffy

8 comments:

  1. Your baby is so cute! Yes, you can and should call her your baby. Thanks for checking in and sharing your Easter celebration with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear your voice out there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing, I've missed reading your posts. Now I feel a little more caught up! :) I should talk, right?!?!? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the update! I have so missed your posts but I am so happy that you are putting your husband and family first. Thank you for being an example and an encouragement to all of us moms who read your blog. Each time I get a post in my inbox I say a prayer for you and your family. Keep leaning on the Lord, His grace is sufficient. In Christ Alone, Britney

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Britney! Yours prayers mean so much to me and keep me going every single day!

      Delete
  5. I know what you mean about the blogging. I sure don't go on hardly any anymore. Once in awhile though when I am thinking of bloggy friends, I will come and check up.

    You have been on my mind and heart lately so had to check in. I also don't get on FB much either. FB is really bad for me and it's not that I get on there much, I just can't stand being on there much. Just a quick scroll down and I am outta there...

    Hope the warm air springs up there in MN. I am sure the cold, wet weather is wearing on you all. I can't imagine....well actually I can since I lived most of my life in the North. :) Anyway...hang in there with everything you are going through. His grace is incredible as always...and rest in HIM :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Chris, you always know just what to say. Yes, His grace is incredible and without it I am worthless!

      Thank you for your friendship! Florida is in our sights...oh the hours we could sit and gab! Please Lord?!

      love you friend!

      Delete
  6. Ohhhh...I'm so glad you posted - you have been missed. I love your posts and think you are a woman after God's heart with lots of wisdom....welcome back dear friend!
    Hugs to you...

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!