Friday, May 3, 2013

School’s Out!

018

We have officially completed the 2012/2013 home school year!  What a great accomplishment.  Can I just say that this is probably the first year that I feel like I have been completely faithful to my plan, completed everything and didn’t burn out.  It’s taken 15 years to feel this way.  I wonder how next year will go.

015

My two oldest sons are graduating.  The oldest is off to a Bible College in Southern Florida come August, the other one is off to the University of Nebraska come fall 2014.  Granted both need to still be accepted into the colleges of their choice, but I’m confident that God will bless their efforts or else lead them elsewhere. 

020

Our plans for the summer include a summer reading program, beach days, garage sales, gardening, and regrouping for the next school year.

Our family is going to the Teach Them Diligently Conference in Omaha, NE at the end of May.  We’ll visit Chocolate’s school during that time as well.  We’ve got a formal graduation coming up, visits from family, our 20 year anniversary…so many amazing things to look forward too.

May’s Joy Dare:

1) 3 gifts tasted: coffee, tuna with tomatoes and pickles, Salmon on lettuce with lemon juice.

2) 3 gifts flat: garage sale money, curriculum catalogs, toilet paper.

3) 3 gifts found in difficult people: The opportunity to bank grace, practicing humility, lessons in how NOT to be.

Redeeming the time,

Mrs. Taffy

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! what an accomplishment. Now, Enjoy your summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, that is great that you have graduates your first two!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!