Monday, July 29, 2013

Changes

062

If you follow me on Facebook you may have heard my recent rant about Google.  Annoying is all I can say.  They don’t like it that I don’t have a “real” name and I’m not popular enough to keep my pseudo name in their Google + environment.  Well, Google, guess what?  I’ve been blogging longer than Google + has been around…Anyway, I did appeal, they rejected me, so I have not other choice than to leave Blogger. 

001

Remember when I mentioned that Strawberry will be learning computer programing through Team Tree House?  One of the things she is learning is how to code a WordPress Blog.  It makes sense for me to move for a number of reasons, one being the aforementioned issue, the other being I’m going to have to start paying blogger because I’ve about used up all my picture storage and pictures are a huge part of blogging to me, but I DON’T want to pay to blog!! 

002

So in my very limited free time I have been working on a new blog, with a new name and a new design.  I think I may loose some readers during the switch, but that’s okay.  Follow along if you want, but please don’t feel like you have too!! 

003

I’ll give you lots of time to make the switch in whatever reader you are using.  I’m not quite ready to reveal the new title, but I love it.  And just like I feel like changes are happening in my own life the new blog will reflect the same changes.  It’s still just me though, blogging about things that make me happy, a new title, a new chapter, a new decade in the life of the Taffy’s!

043

Thanks for reading here, it blesses me to no end!

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

15 comments:

  1. I have a currently secret blog on Wordpress as well as here on blogger, but I have been considering combining the two. Maybe I would be better at posting on either of them if I did, lol. So, when you hate your new Wordpress site, maybe I will pass on my Wordpress site to you as well! Or just finally go public as well....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! I think you meant "have" not "hate" right? Unless you think I will hate the Word Press blog! But if you meant "have," I would love to HAVE access to your blog!! :)

      Delete
  2. I don't understand why you can't use Blogger? Did I miss an announcement? I don't think I have my Blogger and Google+ accounts connected either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really know what happened. All of a sudden blogger wouldn't let me comment on blogs and the reason was that Google + locked out my account because "Mrs. Taffy" didn't seem like a real name and people have to be able to search me on Google +. I think it's so dumb! I haven't left yet, just a little foreshadowing. :)I closed my Google + account or whatever you call it, but somehow they put me back on there...I don't trust Google at all anymore!

      Delete
  3. Hmmm. I noticed that some of the blogs I have followed forever wont let me comment either! I wasn't even sure why Google+ is involved!! Looking forward to your new blog's introduction!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that really surprised me too! Somewhere Google + and blogger must have merged, now if you have a blog through blogger you automatically have a Google + account, whether you want it or not, and if you don't ...too bad for you! Rude Google, trying to take over the world! lol

      Delete
  4. Google merged all of their services together under one privacy policy some time ago. They also are one of several "identity" services used by the government. For these two reasons as well as a host of other smaller ones, they want to be able align people's interactions to their real name. Notice my post here is listed as Michael... though I am posting using the IamDrawnToHim account I made long ago for the sole purpose of blogging. When I switched my name to Michael on my account, they let me off their "watch list." The rub really began though when they started to force all services to originate or interact directly with Google+ instead of the just the blog only, or just email only, or just a shared doc only. They are pushing people into Google+ to try and build enough of an audience like facebook has. The problem is that anonymous blogs have connections with people I might not ever have connected in facebook. The two were used separately on purpose... well before Google+ was ever in play.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that great explanation Honey!!

      Delete
  5. Can't wait to see the new blog and the new design. I too have noticed the commenting thing. Why can't things just be simple like before? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We will follow you wherever you blog! Just don't forget to let us know! ;) Praying the transition is an easy one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When you run out of space can you simply start a new blog on blogger and post a link to the new one on the old blog? Just wondering if that was possible?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!