Wednesday, July 10, 2013

How to eat Trim and Healthy

It’s really easy, in a complicated way.  Your body burns either fats or carbohydrates.  It can’t use both energy sources so it ends up storing what it doesn’t need.  The Trim and Healthy way, simply put, is to not combine your carbs and fats.  And avoid all sugar.  The goal is to keep your blood sugar even, without the spikes.  In Trim and Healthy lingo:

Fat =S =Satisfying         Carbs=E=Energizing

Meals are built around lean proteins like:  fish, especially salmon, chicken, ground turkey, sometimes higher fat meats like roasts or ground beef.  Then you choose what kind of meal your having, either an S or an E.  How you build on your protein will determine the kind of meal it is.

For example:

fooledyapizza

This is an S dinner.  S for satisfying. It’s called Fooled Ya’ Pizza and the recipe is in the book.  The crust is made with cauliflower, egg whites and mozzarella. cheese.  I topped it with pesto sauce and chicken and cold tomatoes.  I love this so much I could eat it every day!  Marshmallow loves it too and often eats half of mine!  The recipe makes a 12 x 18 pan size, so I divide that up in thirds and make each third different for the person who is eating it:  Me, Strawberry or Mr. Taffy.  I make the rest of the kids a regular pizza like the one on my recipe page.  This is an S meal because of all the cheese.  Cheese = fat.

BLT

Here’s an example of an E meal.  E for Energizing.  It’s a BLT on sprouted grain (Ezekiel) bread.  I used turkey bacon and toasted the bread.  I used a little smear of low-fat mayo (don’t want to mix fats and carbs, but a little tiny bit of “light” is allowed) and it was delicious! I could eat this every day too!  ha!  It’s an E because of the bread.  Bread = Carbs.

trim and healthy crepes

Here’s an example of a S breakfast.  S for Satisfying.  It’s a Trim and Healthy Crepe, this recipe is in the book too.  I loaded it with fresh berries and put low-fat whip cream on top.  I think, because it’s already an S meal, I could have used full fat whip cream but I didn’t have any.  I ate 2 and was stuffed!  This meal is an S because of the whole eggs used.  Whole eggs = fat = satisfying.  Egg whites = nothing  (Okay maybe something but they are pretty insignificant and I can make a pretty mean egg white omelet, loaded with meat and veggies and give my husband a piece of toast with slim belly jelly and it becomes an E meal!)

001

One night I made this for dinner.  It’s my interpretation of Cheese Burger Casserole, Trim and Healthy style.  The bottom layer is steamed cauliflower.  Then I put a layer of turkey bacon, followed by cooked ground turkey, I sprinkled cheese on the top and warmed it all up in the oven.  I served it with ketchup (for the children) and chopped cold pickles for Mr. Taffy and I.  We had snow peas and fresh strawberries on the side.  It was delicious and I was stuffed. Because of the cheese, this meal was an S.  S for Satisfying.  S because of the Cheese.

There is so much more information in the book, I’m just barely scratching the surface here. I’m still learning and there are a fantastic group of women on Facebook that discuss these things and help each other figure stuff out.  If you are struggling with weight or just want to feel healthier, Trim and Healthy Mama might be what you’ve been looking for.  I don’t do everything correctly but I’m still have positive results so I must be doing enough correctly and that’s what matters most.

Since I’ve had so much extra energy, I already got the first two months of our next homeschool year planned.  I’ll share my plan in the next post.

The Battle is the Lord’s,

Mrs. Taffy

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this post! You did a great job explaining it! I am starting with a few people next week on this program and eager to see how I do. I need to look into the FB page, because while I love the ideas, it is overwhelming at times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I am still working through the learning curve with THM, but I am definitely feeling the positive results! Your examples of recipes help me a lot! Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!