Friday, July 5, 2013

The Most Exciting NEWS

This probably won’t be that exciting to YOU necessarily, but it is most definitely the most exciting news about going to the Teach Them Diligently homeschool conference to US.  You probably think I’m going to say that I’m pregnant or something…haha!  Sorry, while that would be exciting that’s NOT it!

20130529_151410

While we in Omaha Mr. Taffy got to go to the Men’s Breakfasts, one of the breakfasts was lead by our most favorite Dr. Voddie Baucham.  Well, during that breakfast Voddie announced that he will be taking another trip to Israel and was inviting anybody who wanted to come! 

Hello?! 

image

Obviously it’s not free.  After the homeschool conference and graduation, Mr. Taffy and I got to go away to celebrate our anniversary.  We didn’t go far, but it was wonderful nonetheless and while we were gone we prayed through and asked, “Could we really go?”

Well the answer is a JOYFILLED Yes!! 

We are going Israel!

If you remember a while back I said one the things we wanted to do for our 20th wedding anniversary was go to Israel, we had pretty much given up on that dream but then this came up and while it’s not on our anniversary, it’s still during our 20th year of marriage!  Oh my!  I still can hardly believe it. 

20130605_125911

We booked our spots on the tour!  We bought our plane tickets!  We still have more to pay, obviously we couldn’t pay for everything up front, but we’ll work it out. 

So in light of going to Israel in February, we have a renewed desire to loose weight.  And have I ever found the perfect solution!  (Another Cliff Hanger!)

The Battle is the Lord’s,

Mrs. Taffy

5 comments:

  1. So happy for you! And very happy to see your blog active again. It makes my morning happy! fun new photos and sidebars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time. I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness!! I love Mr. Baucham! What an awesome tour guide :). Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that is wonderful news indeed! What a fun blessing it will be, I am sure. Just catching up as we have just made a huge move and are trying to find a new normal. Fun to read that you were purging as well. We have been in that mode for about a year and have continued even on this side of a move to a new home. Praying for you as you simplify! Love all of the new pictures you have up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michele! I've been following along on your blog! I just haven't been able to comment because Google has restricted my Mrs. Taffy name...I'm appealing it, but we'll see! Anyway, nice to hear from you! Thanks for your prayers!

      Delete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!