Monday, July 8, 2013

Trim and Healthy Mama & Daddy

1011189_641519349209171_768706390_n

You can easily search my weight loss label and read the story of my struggle with weight.  Yuck.  Truth be told.   I quit.  I quit trying.  I plateaued at 170 and I got discouraged.  So I quit.  And you know what quitting does, it makes you gain back weight.  Not all the weight thankfully but enough to make my clothes feel bad and to start getting more depressed about it.

Enter Trim and Healthy Mama.

image

This was my most favorite Christmas gift!  I really wanted it, it was so “expensive” in my mind and I was so worried about wasting money and never “doing” the book.  I was worried that these were vegetarians and that I could possibly do this with my big family at the same time.  It’s taken me a long time to get through this book, I’m not even completely done with it yet, but I’m getting there. 

I tried doing the plan for a while in February and was seeing results, but I needed my husband to be on board, it’s so much easier to do things when there is oneness in the house.

So three week ago, basically the day after we got back from our anniversary getaway we started living “to the Plan.”  Mr. Taffy is totally on board because he does not want to go to Israel as a 300 pound man.  Oh his aching feet!

002

Here’s my personal weight details in numbers:

213-Highest weight EVER.

170-Lowest weight that I could get to by counting calories.

189-The weight I went back up to because I quit.

178-The weight I’m at now since starting the plan three weeks ago.

That’s 11 pounds in 3 weeks!  And here’s the really cool thing, I’m not hungry all the time like I was when I was counting calories.  AND, I’m not shaky all the time like I was when I was counting calories.  AND, since I’ve given up all forms of sugar I don’t crave sweets anymore. That one still surprises me! 

001

This was my breakfast the other morning, along with a cup of coffee, sweetened with Stevia and half & half.

The plan has a learning curve that is pretty intense if you ask me, only because it goes against what you hear all the time and what you think you know.  As I approach my plateau number I’m honestly a little nervous, but at the same time I’m not because eating this way is a joy and it’s not complicated (once you get the hang of it) and it’s satisfying and I’ve noticed my body healing in other ways because of eating this way and that alone is worth the changes!

Wanna know more?  Either order your own book from Amazon or Above Rubies or you can read a little more about it here…next time.  (smile)

The Battle is the Lord’s,

Mrs. Taffy

4 comments:

  1. We are working on THM too! I bought the book about a week before our big move, and in the month we've been here I'm working to implement it. I don't have a scale, but I feel so much better! Less aches and pains, etc. And I love that I can eat real foods and the kids can eat with us too!
    Are you on the facebook group or the site forum?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lorus! Yes, I'm in the facebook group, I am on the forum too but it overwhelms me so I don't go on there ever really. :) I like the facebook group though and find it so encouraging! I too am having much less aches and pains and hardly any headaches anymore. I'm longing for the day that my "pants fall off!" lol

      Delete
  2. We are both doing THM at our house too! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just ordered a hardcopy of the book, cant wait for it to get here! I need to get my weight under control once and for all. Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!