Monday, July 1, 2013

Where do I start?

 

024

Well hello out there!  Is it okay if I start blogging again?  So much has happened, so much I want to share.  I have some significant things to share and some not-so-significant things to share.  Where in the world do I start? 

040

I’ve been purging and cleaning like a crazy person. My husband (and the rest of my family) is starting to get a little annoyed with the things they find in the garbage and in the trunk to be taken to Goodwill.  I can’t help it. I’m compelled to PURGE!  I’ve even been purging and cleaning my laptop.  Yesterday I deleted 200 files!  Most of them were  blog images that I have made over the years and different reviews of things that I don’t need to keep a rough draft of.  Some were funny things the kids have typed up or created on the computer, I found a funny ad for dog food that one of the kids had made either just for fun or a business idea.  It was cute.

050            

I’ve also been filing, filing at home and on my laptop.  I made new folders to keep track of my writings and my homeschool things.  We’ve had so many computers over the years and I’ve downloaded so many fun things for our homeschool that I just can’t find what I’m looking for anymore.  I think I fixed all that.  My desktop only has 10 icons now and only about 6 of those are mine, I wouldn’t dare delete anything that looks like my husband’s.  I have no idea if it’s important or not!  I use to have about 30 files stored on my desktop.  It’s much less cluttered now.

004

This morning I’ve been going through my picture files and deleting non-important images.  You know, like all the images of the food I eat!  lol  Books I’m selling, stuff like that.

It feels great to get rid of the clutter.

044

My goals for this year are: Simplify. Trust. Pray.

That’s it.  Those are the words burning in my soul. Maybe I will share how I’m tangibly trying to obtain those goals.

Thanks for hanging with me.

The battle is the Lord’s,

Mrs. Taffy

9 comments:

  1. I always enjoy reading your posts, welcome back! I so need to purge and go through the computer files too. I just have not had a chance to sit down and do it. Maybe this weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doing some of the same stuff here! We just moved halfway across country so a lot of the physical purging is done, but now I am tackling the computer files. I took a good long break from blogging too and am starting back too. I look forward to reading your blog again! Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great to see you back! I do love reading your blog posts. I totally understand the need to purge. I think it's good for the mind and soul. I find that every now and then I get to the point that feel I must purge. Only then do I feel able to relax and focus on what is really important. Instead of being distracted by the little silly things that caused me stress up to that point of purging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Tori! So good to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back! Looking forward to your posts! Dory

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!