Sunday, September 19, 2010

Snickerdoodles

016

These are my husband’s FAVORITE cookies.  And since I was feeling better this week, I made 8 dozen for him!  Well, the kids ate some, but I froze a lot for his lunches.

1 cup butter, softened

1 cup shortening (I used organic non-hydrogenated)

3 cups sugar (I used raw-but you can use any kind)

4 eggs

5 1/2 cups flour

4 tsp. Cream of Tartar

2 tsp. baking soda

2 tsp.  salt

Sugar and Cinnamon for rolling

Cream first 4 ingredients; add remaining ingredients except sugar and cinnamon mixture.  Roll dough into balls.  Mix together 2 Tbsp. sugar and 2 tsp. cinnamon. (you may need more than one batch.)  Roll balls in sugar.  Bake at 450 degrees for 6 minutes.  Leave on cookie sheet for a minute or two before removing to cooling racks.  This recipe makes 8+dozen cookies!  They freeze wonderfully!

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I could smell them baking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you! Thank You!! I have tried many recipies before but none melt in my mouth like YOUR snickerdoodles!! It's not hard to see why they are his favorite!! I think we just may have to freeze up a batch this week. Yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!