These are my husband’s FAVORITE cookies. And since I was feeling better this week, I made 8 dozen for him! Well, the kids ate some, but I froze a lot for his lunches.
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup shortening (I used organic non-hydrogenated)
3 cups sugar (I used raw-but you can use any kind)
4 eggs
5 1/2 cups flour
4 tsp. Cream of Tartar
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. salt
Sugar and Cinnamon for rolling
Cream first 4 ingredients; add remaining ingredients except sugar and cinnamon mixture. Roll dough into balls. Mix together 2 Tbsp. sugar and 2 tsp. cinnamon. (you may need more than one batch.) Roll balls in sugar. Bake at 450 degrees for 6 minutes. Leave on cookie sheet for a minute or two before removing to cooling racks. This recipe makes 8+dozen cookies! They freeze wonderfully!
Joyfully,
Mrs. Taffy





Yummmm!!! I LOVE Snickerdoodles!
ReplyDeleteWow, I could smell them baking!
ReplyDeleteOh thank you! Thank You!! I have tried many recipies before but none melt in my mouth like YOUR snickerdoodles!! It's not hard to see why they are his favorite!! I think we just may have to freeze up a batch this week. Yummy!!!
ReplyDelete