Friday, October 19, 2012

rest…NOT!

019

Every once in a while I get a doozy of a headache, probably a migraine, but maybe not.  I usually wake up with it, it hangs out with me until evening.  I have my ways of coping to be able to continue on with my responsibilities.  A few being…

    • Extra caffeine
    • Ibuprofen (at least takes the throb away)
    • Semi-sweet chocolate chips (more caffeine)
    • An afternoon nap

So I tried…I tried to rest.  Close my eyes for just 15 minutes, to regroup before dinner.  HA!

013

[If Mom sits down, it’s time to sit on Mom!]

014

[“Mom, Mommy, Mom!??”]

015

[Add your own caption…]

Honestly it was kind of therapeutic, though slightly annoying.  It’s the way my days are.  I hold fast to the knowledge that my life is for them, to nurture them, to love them to pour myself out for them.  In this laying down of my life, my needs, I worship my Savior.  My heart is so pitiful and while I would rather cry and yell at everybody to leave me alone, I choose to embrace the moment and let it be part of me, part of us, part of my song to the King.

The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in Him and I am helped; therefore my heart greatly rejoices, and with my song I will praise HIM!" Psalm 28:7

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

8 comments:

  1. Every once in awhile I was getting these headaches and they would practically shut me down for the day. I tried many things but none seemed to help much. Then one day I took a Midol for my backache, and it took my headache away. Next time I had one I tried it worked again. This may or may not help you, but it is worth trying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I do like Midol. I haven't been taking them while I'm still nursing Marshmallow, but I do have a bottle stashed away for after she's weaned! I especially like the night time variety! :)

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you posted this today! I usually try to get both girls to nap in the afternoon so I can recharge (a.k.a. they at least overlap their napping periods by 30 minutes), but it hasn't happened this week yet at all. I needed the verse you posted, and the reminder that taking care of my children really is an act of worship!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mrs. Taffy,

    I am just wondering how you are doing with your weight loss? I have read your blog post from March and have been inspired. I would like to know how you are doing with it. I need to lose about 40 pounds but it seems so hard.


    Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tina!

      Well, honestly, after I lost the initial 38 pounds it's been a real booger to keep after it. I agree, it is HARD! I'm pretty much a failure at it and very weak when it comes to having self-control. I love to bake and I love to make special things to bless my family. Someday I would like to stop thinking about my weight and what I'm eating, someday I would like to stop struggling, that might not happen Jesus comes back though! :) I'm trying to stay diligent and make small improvements consistently. One day at a time. I hit a plateau at 170 and couldn't get any lower no matter how hard I tried, I think that really got me off track and discouraged. I'm sorry I don't have something more encouraging to say, there is plenty of other encouragement "out there" for the taking. Blessings on your weight loss journey!

      Delete
  4. I hope you are feeling better. When you get to my age you won't have headaches any more. trust me on this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha! I'm looking forward to that Mom!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!