Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Pumpkin Rolls

I've posted this recipe before on my old blog, but I thought since I've seen a lot of new faces around here lately, I thought I should share it again. I made a double batch of this recipe yesterday. They were perfect with Beef Stew!

Pumpkin Rolls
2 pkgs. dry yeast (or 2 TBLS bulk yeast)
1 1/2 cups warm water
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 tsp. salt
2 eggs
1/2 cup melted butter
1 cup canned pumpkin
7 cups all-purpose flour (Or any variance of whatever flour you like. The ones I made were half wheat/half white, but I have made all wheat with good results-you just won't need as much flour.)

Directions
1. Dissolve yeast in warm water and stir in sugar, salt, butter, pumpkin and eggs. Add 3 cups of flour and beat well. Stir in enough additional flour to make a dough easy to handle. Knead until smooth and elastic. (In my kitchen-aide, it took 5 minutes.) Place in a greased bowl, cover, and allow to double in size.
2. Punch down and divide into 4 parts, rolling each part into a 12-inch circle. Use a pizza cutter and cut into 8 wedges. Roll up each wedge beginning at the wide edge. Place on greased cookie sheet and allow to rise.
3. Bake at 375 degree for 15-20 minutes.

One thing I did, since I made a double batch (and I was running out of pans and counter space), was to make up a pan of these rolls and instead of letting them do their second rise, I put them in the freezer. Once they were frozen, I pulled them off the cookie sheet and put them into a freezer bag, to thaw and bake a different day. These are light and fluffy with a hint of sweetness!

Enjoy!
Mrs. Taffy

2 comments:

  1. sound yummy!!! I am so impressed by your cooking skills. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look soooo yummy!

    BTW - I need your mailing addy to send out the cd you won.

    shepardsmo@yahoo.com

    Teri - Behold, the Lamb!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!