Sunday, November 29, 2009

Basic Pancake Recipe with Variations

This is the pancake recipe that I make at least once a week. It's a great recipe because you can add any number of yummy things to it and they will still turn out tasty.

2 cups hard red wheat or white wheat flour (or Spelt, barley, oat flour)
1 tsp. salt
4 tsp. baking powder
1 1/3 cup milk
2 eggs, well beaten

That's the basic recipe. This morning I changed it to this:
2 cups spelt flour
2 cups barley flour
2 tsp. salt
8 tsp. baking powder
4 tbls. raw sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. apple pie spice
2 2/3 cups milk
4 eggs, well beaten
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup pumpkin

Other things I like to use: blueberries, mashed bananas, cinnamon chips, chocolate chips, applesauce. I have found though if I use straight wheat flour, the batter is thicker than I like, so I add extra milk! I refuse to buy cereal, they just eat it too fast and it doesn't keep them full. So breakfast prep takes longer, but it's worth it!

Joyfully,
Mrs. Taffy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!