Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Muffins x 2

I made a couple different muffins over the weekend and I thought you might like the recipes.

Orange Muffins-(We had these for breakfast Sunday morning.)
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 egg
3/4 cup orange juice
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 tbsp. grated orange peel
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla

In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. In another bowl, beat the egg, orange juice, sour cream, oil, orange peel and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased or paper lined muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake at 350 for 23-25 minutes. I made a little glaze out of powdered sugar and orange juice. The children are begging me to make these again soon!


Corn Bread Muffins (I served these with a venison roast, mashed potatoes and salad.)
1 cup all-purpose flour (or pastry flour)
1 cup yellow cornmeal
1/4 cup sugar (I used raw)
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 egg
1 egg yolk
1 1/4 cups buttermilk (made from buttermilk powder)
1/3 cup canola oil
3/4 cup whole kernel corn (frozen works fine)

In a large bowl, combine first six ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the egg, egg yolk and buttermilk and oil. Stir dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in corn.
Fill greased muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake at 400 for 18-23 minutes. Slather with honey butter or straight yummy honey!

Enjoy!
Mrs. Taffy

4 comments:

  1. Oh Yeah!! I had just a little sour cream left over and was trying to decide what to do with it. Now I know!! I haven't made these orange muffins in FOREVER! Thanks for the great ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, those look good! And I love the muffin platter! cute!

    I might try the cornbread muffins tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had that a couple of days ago for breakfest. And they were good!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!