Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Organization…How I love thee!

Okay, that’s kind of a corny title but it’s the best I can do today.  I used up all my creativity yesterday!  It all started on Sunday afternoon when Mr. Taffy was bound and determined to take me to IKEA (for some family fun time-all my children, with the exception of Banana Taffy, love going to IKEA).  The poor man was miserable with a toothache, the roads were icy, but he couldn’t be deterred! 

I always have a mental list of things that I want from IKEA.  Sunday was no exception.  My main focus was our school room which was starting to feel crowded and messy to me. 

school room 010

Before

007

After

You can see I took all my stuff out of there!  No more room for Momma!  This wall makes me giddy, honestly!  All those little blue tubs are full of Tot School Stuff.  Here’s a close up:

008

All this stuff used to be stored like this:

school room 014

Here’s another area that looks better:

school room 013

Before

009

After

Are you wondering what happened to all of my stuff?  Mr. Taffy has kindly allowed me to move into his office with him!  Woo hoo!  Here’s what that looks like now.

001

Mr. Taffy has been using my desk since we moved back to MN, we had to leave his desk there.  But since he’s converted to a lap top, and since he’s not working from home anymore…he gave it back to me.  Smile

004                    005

See the cool little cup organizer I got at IKEA?  So handy and so cheap!  My sewing machine is getting repaired, but once it’s back, it will take a prominent position on my desk too.

002

Here’s Mr. Taffy’s side.  I haven’t hung any of his pictures back up yet, but that whole wall above his desk used to be covered with family photos. 

I had to resist the urge to paint before I moved everything in, maybe next summer after the baby comes, but for now I love the newly organized space!  The kids love the school room too, it feels bigger and neater.  I still have a few things in mind for organizing the play room, but I’m not in a rush.  IKEA’s not going anyway and this year we might actually get a tax return!  HA!

Happy organizing!

Mrs. Taffy

10 comments:

  1. Ooo, I love the organization - I have never been to an IKEA and I really would love to. So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wanna come to my house and organize me? ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got a new shelf unit yesterday and have been putting it together...I can't wait to organize all my tot school stuff on it! Right now I have loads of tot tools all piled and scattered throughout the house and very unorganized. Your newly organized rooms look great, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Momma24-I would love to come organize you! I love to organize!

    Debbit-Do they have IKEA in England? Blog about it when you get your shelf set up! Can't wait to see! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I smell nesting instinct! I love IKEA too, but refrain from shelf-mounted stuff since my husband once perforated a pipe trying to install one :) plus I change my mind and move furniture around a lot! Your school room looks beautiful and such an inspiration. I need to get to redoing mine *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a gift card burning a hole in my pocket for IKEA. Just got to get to one close enough to us. Love the organization. =0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very Nice! Love the cups - way cool! The blue boxes are my favorite! Good Job! Maybe I'll get a trip to IKEA in a fee months! Thanks for sharing! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want to make a trip to IKEA now! Ours is about 3 hours away, so I haven't been yet. I'm in desperate need of some organization around here...and needing to throw out/donate/yard sale a bunch of old stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are my favorite posts! I love to organize. I must try to order these blue bins online. Thank you for letting us see your beautiful spaces. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!