Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Blondies

001

These bars are really fast to make, great when you need something homemade quickly!  This recipe is courtesy of my Mom.

1 1/2 cup packed brown sugar

1/2 cup melted butter

2 eggs

1 tsp. vanilla

1 1/2 cups flour ( I use pastry flour, but regular works just as well)

1/2 tsp. baking powder

1/2 tsp. salt

1 cup chocolate chips

Melt butter in the microwave in a good sized bowl, add brown sugar, then eggs and vanilla-beat with mixer or whisk.  Add the dry ingredients.  Mix those in until smooth.  Stir in Chocolate chips.  Put in a lightly greased 9x13 pan and bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes.

I’ve also added a little cocoa powder occasionally, to get chocolate blondies, those taste especially good with white chocolate chips!  And, as an aside, Trader Joe’s sell white chocolate chips that don’t contain Hydrogenated oils! 

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

4 comments:

  1. I didn't know that non hydrogenated white chips existed. Oh my!! I just love white chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm, cocoa powder and white chocolate chips sounds great! Sometimes I put in half and half white chocolate and regular chocolate chips. That's good too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok. . . . We'll make them. Quit pestering us! Oh. You weren't? We'll still make them today. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey,
    I wanted to let you know that I received the Brother labeler in the mail today. It's looks awesome! I can't wait to give it a try. Thank you so much. It was so exciting to receive something in the mail just for me. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!