Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Math Facts Now~Review

image

I’m so excited to share this program with you! I like things simple, non-fussy, basic. This program is all of those things and more!

Basically this is digital flash cards, but even better. I haven’t really ever used flash cards, but I do see and understand the need for memorization and repetition in learning the addition and times table. These flash cards aren’t on paper though…they are on the computer!

014

This program allows you to custom make flash cards for your child, you can make addition, subtraction, multiplication or division. You choose the numbers too. So if Bubble Gum were using the program I would only use numbers 1-10 with basic +1 and +2 problems. But with Blue-Raspberry I can use numbers 1-20 to create more complicated addition and subtraction problems.

image

You can see on there that I am able to make as many lessons as I want too, for as many children as I need too.

I am also able to view progress reports to see how he’s doing on a particular lesson. The Progress Report doesn’t show all the lessons comparatively, but the last completed. Sometimes it took Blue-Raspberry more than a day to complete a lesson, especially if he was working through subtraction problems.

You can delete lessons and add new problems to current lessons. The program is not flashy, it’s not trendy, it’s just wonderful!

image

And the price is great too-$15.95 for either the downloadable version or the CD rom, there are additional shipping charges for the CD-ROM though.

If you want to try it out, either on-line or as a downloadable trail, go here.

To see the specifics of computer lingo, go here. I use Windows 7 and I didn’t have any trouble with the download or running the program. Another thing I’d like to mention, you don’t have to be on-line to run the program, but you do have to be on-line (or have internet access) to see the progress reports.

To see what other Old Schoolhouse Reviewers thought, visit the Old Schoolhouse Blog.

HSCrew140x180

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

Disclosure: The program was given to me for the sole purpose of this review. All opinions expressed are mine and I was not paid.

2 comments:

  1. I like it! And trust me, memorizing those multiplication tables is critical!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks REALLY interesting to me! I will check it out. I feel that learning the math facts, especially for multiplication and division are ABSOLUTELY KEY to being "good" at math. My oldest struggled SOOOO much with math. We focused intently on math facts for a year, and now the girl ACTUALLY LIKES math! CRAZY I tell you! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!