Monday, January 3, 2011

Proof in Pictures

I just wanted to show a little bit of our day here…we’ve been hitting the books and the pantry pretty hard!

Here’s the books!

032

030

031

024

023

006

Hmmm…no pantry pictures…but I will explain!

Being as it’s the New Year and all and since my husband blabbed about his weight on his blog…I’m going to be a little more ruthless here in what and how I feed my family. So I’ve been reading through all my healthy eating type of cookbooks and praying for diligence to get after “it.”

For breakfast I made them crepes. Sounds rich I suppose, but really they are like egg pancakes, no sugar involved. We filled them with either blueberries or peaches that I froze last summer and thawed this morning and sprinkled a little bit of powder sugar on top. They loved it! Mr. Taffy did not love it though, but he might like it better if I fill it with left over turkey or something. I’ll figure it out.

We didn’t have any bread in the house at lunch time so I made waffles--also basically sugar free. We topped them with honey butter and a little bit of syrup or homemade jam. They also had applesauce and hard-boiled eggs. I sent my husband with leftover Beef Stew, a Salad and a couple of personal size cheese cakes that were leftover from Strawberry’s tea party. I don’t want him going into complete sugar withdrawals, slow and steady I say!

While lunch was going on I made 4 loaves of bread, so now we have real bread in the house for lunch this week! Smile

For dinner I’m going to make Broccoli Cauliflower Soup and grilled cheese with my bread—my family will adore me tonight! lol

My goal is to get myself back in my kitchen making healthy things ahead of time. I hate playing catch-up in the kitchen! Having a few new recipes to try always gets me excited to cook again. I haven’t ground wheat in way too long, so today I’m grinding extra to have in the freezer for baking with. I’m also blessed to have 2 crockpots and intend to put them both to good use this week!

I haven’t hardly gained any weight this pregnancy and I intend to keep it that way! I know it sounds fishy but it’s always like this for me when I'm pregnant. I haven’t had much of an appetite either, I think it’s how she is sitting on my stomach…like my own temporary Gastric banding-whatever-you-call-it!

Find joy in serving your family!

Mrs. Taffy

4 comments:

  1. Very nice! Love the photo of Blue Raspberry studying! I am having the same feelings about my family and what they eat! There's a lot of lovely food with fewer calories! (hmmm and portions are a big deal!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing Pictures of the family....love the update of everyone! I can't believe that baby will be here in 87 days....exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you grind your own wheat and freeze it, does it maintain its nutrients?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Anonymous,

    Yes! Yes! I always freeze my wheat! I just put it in labled gallon size freezer bags.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!