Friday, January 14, 2011

Positive Action for Christ~Review

image

The newest review I have for you comes from Positive Action for Christ.  “Positive Action For Christ is a publishing house specializing in youth curriculum for fundamental churches.” image

~The goal of the Life of Christ is to get the students to respond to Christ and who He was, not just what He did and how He fits into history.

~Appropriate for grade 9-12 with some flexibility to adapt for younger or even older students.

~35 Lessons, 1 to be completed each week

~This is definitely written from the perspective of it “being taught,” since it was originally written for churches or a Christian School.  With some effort I believe it can be adapted for primarily independent work (which is what I prefer).

~Includes a reading list to supplement the curriculum if you want too.

This is not a study for the faint-hearted, this a truly digging-deep sort of study!

~Each lesson is followed by a quiz. 

~All the answers to the workbook pages and the quizzes are included in the Teacher’s Manual, along with a CD full of transparencies and maps to add to your study.  To see sample lessons click here.

I am impressed with this curriculum, it looks very thorough and sincere.  Their honest goal is to get children to KNOW Jesus, to LOVE Jesus.  I think it’s a little spendy for the average homeschool family…but since I have it I am planning on using it next year for my 9th, 10th and 11th grader. Smile

To see what others on the Review Crew thought, click the Crew Blog Button.

HSCrew140x180

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

Disclaimer- This curriculum was given to me for the purpose of this review.  All opinions expressed are my own and I was not paid.

1 comment:

  1. Good review. My daughter and I enjoyed this study as well. We both found that we learned a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!