Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A little GREEN fun!

Whenever I see or read the word “green” now I automatically think about all things relating to saving the planet and organic, but that’s NOT what this post is about!  Hardly!  When I say GREEN, I actually mean the color!

004

See what I mean?

I don’t exactly know what came over me, but I had this incredible desire to make my children some green cupcakes in honor of St. Patrick’s Day.  They know all about who St. Patrick was and what he did, they also know what he used the clover to signify when he was teaching the Pagans in Ireland.  I suppose we did an unintentional unit study on him.  And the cupcakes seemed to wrap it all up nicely.

009

011

012

My older children enjoyed them too, I just didn’t take their pictures.  Smile

This was my first experience with using silicone cupcake liners, they worked better than I thought they would.  They cleaned up much better than I thought they would too.  I bought mine at a thrift store for .99 because even though I was intrigued by being able to reuse them, I couldn’t imagine paying $9.99 for them!  So I guess this post did contain a little “green” after all—no cupcake liners to throw in the trash, how “green” is that?!  Also, another little frugal tip…the cake mix I bought was actually a Valentine mix that I got for .50 after Valentine’s Day.  I just didn’t use the heart sprinkles it came with and used my own food coloring and sprinkles.

We are supposed to start melting down in a major way around here today, they are concerned with flooding since the snow pack is so high.  I can almost smell spring!

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

2 comments:

  1. How fun!! You are so creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look yummy! What fun! We are so Irish!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!