Saturday, August 20, 2011

Weekly Wrap Up~Week 2

weeklywrap-up2

Another successful week under our belt.  Don’t get me wrong, there are moment’s when I feel like screaming, especially when the baby is fussing and I’m trying to get the younger crowd to focus and the phone rings and the laundry dings and I’m feeling pulled in a hundred million directions.  But we made it through, we still love each other, we got our stuff done, so I feel it was successful!

The beginning of the week started out at the beach…our last visit of the season.  So long old friend!

004

011

013

This is my chair.  The umbrella attached to it has been a life saver, it keeps the sun off of me and Marshmallow.  I wouldn’t have been able to go every week if it weren’t for this chair!  Thanks honey!

002

These are Banana Taffy’s feet.  I just needed to document how big they are!  Size 16.  Yup.  Not kidding.

021                020

The rest of the week was pretty uneventful,  The days go by so fast!  We are settling in to a nice routine that goes something like this:

  • 6:15-Rise and Shine Kiddos
  • 6:30-Breakfast
  • 7:00-8:00-Chores and stuff
  • 8:00-PreSchool with Laffy Taffy
  • 8:00-10:30-school with Blue-Raspberry and Bubble Gum
  • 10:30-11:00-I read to the younger crowd
  • 11:30-Start making lunch
  • 12:00-Eat lunch and do chores
  • 1:00-2:30-Quiet time, big kids finish school
  • 2:30-4:30-Free time, finish chores
  • 4:30-Start dinner
  • 5:45-Eat dinner
  • 7:00-Showers and bed time stuff for little people or we go on a bike ride or run errands, but if we are home, I put them to bed early. 
  • 10:00 bed time for me. 

See the day is over already.  I’ve run a few errands during quiet time, but I will often bake or do paperwork or clean or take a nap during that time.  My sons have been working so they often leave for work around 4, but that all comes to an end next week.  I’m not letting them work their first semester of college.

019

I’m linking up with Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers.  Visit her to see what other homeschoolers have been up to this week!

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

4 comments:

  1. Last day at the beach???!!!! Oh how sad!!!
    I'm very much NOT ready for fall/winter! brrr!!
    Jamie SD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally love your beach chair! I've ALWAYS seeking out the shade when we're at the lake! (And we go to places that have trees available! LOL) I'm so not a sunbather!

    So, Banana Taffy's got some tiny feet, eh? LOL Is he tall? My oldest son is 12 1/2 and I just had to buy him size 9 1/2 sneakers. (He's 5'5".)

    Oh, and your 2 oldest are off to college at 16 and 15? I'd LOVE to hear more about this! My oldest is on schedule to finish high school around 16, but I'm wondering if that's just too young for college.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our Side of the Mountain~Yeah...Banana Taffy is tall, to the tune of 6'6. Just an inch shorter than Mr. Taffy. Regarding high school/college, here is the post I wrote recently that explains most of it-http://mylifeonataffypull.blogspot.com/2011/07/meet-mom-guidance-counselor.html

    I wouldn't send them off to college at this age, but they are bright enough to do the work. It's such a great opportunity for them!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved reading your schedule. Schedules fascinate me and help us stay calm and organized! I am reworking ours for this year (even though we have already started) and adding two high schoolers has really had me puzzled for how we will get it all done each day. We just had a great skype call with the big kids yesterday in which I explained that they would be responsible for their work and would need to get up early to get it done. That went over pretty well - I'm sure I have a lot of unpopular news to deliver, so I thought I'd start now and spread out my delivery of it until they arrive.

    It is always a joy to read your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!