Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Wondermaps~Review

image

In conjunction with Timberdoodle and Bright Ideas Press I had the privilege to review the downloadable version of Wondermaps.  I don’t think I’m equipped to do justice to describing what this program is…so I’m including the YOUTube here. 

What I do want to say is how I'd wished I had this a couple years ago when I used The Mystery of History.  What a helpful learning tool!

image

This program has all the maps you need for using any one of these books and more!

This year my 9th grader is using Beautiful Feet US and World History.  She needed a map of what our country looked like during the Civil War. 

017

All I had to do was click on Historical Maps.

image

Then I clicked on Revolutions to Rising Times.

image

Next I chose the time period I was looking for:

image

When I clicked on that, a gorgeous map appeared that I was able to customize to her needs.  It popped up looking like this:

image

And I was able to change it to this:

image

And then my daughter was able to label it like this, as required by her history curriculum.

012

Honestly, sometimes programs like this confuse me a little bit.  I’m not real program savvy and I need things to be really intuitive or I lose patience with them.  It only took a matter of seconds to get this map the way I needed it.  As she continues through her history curriculum and as my younger children have need, I can see myself returning to Wondermaps repeatedly!

Timberdoodle sells the Wondermaps CD  for $44.95. You could literally be using this for years and years, so considering that it’s not consumable and it can be used repeatedly for each year of homeschooling, it’s a pretty good value.  . 

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

P.S. If you want to see the other great geography products that Timberdoodle sells visit this link

logo

Legal Disclosure:
As a member of
Timberdoodle's Blogger Review Team I received a free copy of WonderMaps in exchange for a frank and unbiased review.

1 comment:

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!