Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Crunchy Peanut Squares

Okay, remember I promised some new recipes?  The fact of the matter is, I like treats, I like to eat them and I like to give them to other people to eat.  We have a home-church at our house every other Saturday night and a big part of our fellowship time is eating.  Since I’m the hostess, I like to make a lot of food, including treats!  This is one of the treats I made for our last Fellowship, the kids thought they were rice crispy treats, but I knew they were much better than that!

003

  • 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
  • 1/3 cup raw honey
  • 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/3 cup organic peanut butter
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 3 cups popcorn (air would be best, but I used oil popped)
  • 2 cups rice crispies
  • 2 cups oat circle cereal (I used cinnamon cheerios)
  • 1/3 cup unsalted peanuts, chopped
  • 1/3 cup chocolate chips (optional)  Yeah right!

Line a 9x13 pan with foil, spray with Pam. 

In a large sauce pan, melt coconut oil, honey and brown sugar over low heat, stirring constantly.  Once it’s melted, remove from heat while you add the peanut butter and vanilla.  Return to burner and stir until melted. 

Remove pan from stove and add the rest of the ingredients, I should have added the chocolate chips here, but I sprinkled mine on top and they just fell off.  After a good mixing press the mixture into your 9x13 pan.  Take a piece of wax paper sprayed with pam and press it in firmly.  As soon as they cool, they are ready to be cut and eaten! 

002

If you can get them cut into 24 squares, then they will be about 82 calories each and they even give you 2 grams of protein!  I hope you like them!  We sure did!

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

p.s.  I had half of one bar before fellowship to make sure they were good enough, then I had another one after dinner.  That’s it.  In my previous life I probably could have eaten the whole pan…just sayin’…

2 comments:

  1. These look yummy, I am going to try them tomorrow. Thanks!
    Jacquelin ~ A Stable Beginning

    ReplyDelete
  2. That could be a great breakfast, just one, with a cup of coffee!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!