Sunday, October 30, 2011

Weight-loss journal {3}

Well, let’s shake things up a little this week.  I’m going to smash down my pride some more and reveal the “authentic me.”  At least the part that’s on the outside…

013

Ugh…I had to do it, I had to get a shot like this so that I can be encouraged in a couple months.  The hope, being that I WILL see some improvement, right?

018

I’m not sucking in and I’m not pushing out, just trying to be relaxed and real.  These clothes actually used to big tighter, so that does encourage me somewhat.

Here’s some pictures of the healthy stuff I ate last week-

009

Fish Chowder and oat rice muffins.

010

Taco-ish Salad with Raspberries.

011

Monster Muffins and fruit salad.  These muffins are loaded with amazing stuff but sport almost 500 calories each, I only had half of one.

My exercise this week included about 5 hours of raking leaves and an hour or two of painting our shed.  I also tried to do some “vigorous” cleaning each day.  Hopefully we’ll be able to replace our treadmill soon.

As for our weight-loss this week…how discouraging.  We didn’t gain anything but Mr. Taffy and I only lost a pound each.  I was ready to throw in the towel and totally quit on Thursday.  It was one of those days when both of my triggers were working against me overtime.  Maybe that was Wednesday…I don’t know, I know I didn’t track my food that day and I think I even indulged in a Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich.  Mortifying I know.  Sigh…One day at a time, one day at a time, I’m never going back, never going back…

I haven’t had a Caribou Dark Chocolate Mocha in over 3 weeks, nor has one miniature candy bar touched my lips.  My children had a sample of chocolate covered peanuts at Costco and I satisfied myself by smelling the little cup they were served in…”inhale deeply through the nose!”  I must have looked ridiculous! 

So here we go on a new week.  I’ve got black-bean chowder on the menu for dinner tonight.  I need to figure out what else I’m going to make for the rest of the week.  I bought a bag of sweet potatoes and I have lots of chicken and spinach.  I made turkey meatballs last week with spinach chopped up in them, they were delicious and the kids didn’t even mind the spinach, they are used to seeing green stuff in their food.  I don’t think fresh spinach has much taste anyway.

Walking my way to health…Ephesians 5.

Joyfully with a tiny little bit of discouragement,

Mrs. Taffy

9 comments:

  1. You are doing great, try not to be discouraged! You have lots of fans cheering you on. Way to go on all that exercise! This is a hard time of year to cut back. Your body wants to plump up for that cold winter coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there, you can do it! When I lost 40 lbs a few years ago after having my kids, it took me a year and a half to lose it. So,even with just the 1 lb this week, your results are REALLY impressive. I've been trying to lost the 10 lbs I put BACK on last winter, and I've lost only 3 lbs over the last 2 months. It's been pretty discouraging too, but I try to remember "slow and steady wins the race".

    Also, maybe I shouldn't encourage your Caribou habit, but should you have wiggle room for a treat some day, their Northern Lite dark chocolate mochas are great. They us fat free whip cream and half the chocolate. I think they taste better than the full chocolate ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brooke!! You are AWESOME! Thank you! I would NEVER had thought of that! I can almost taste it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. One pound is great! You are still nursing a babe, right? That might slow down your loss, it always did for me.

    Have you tried stevia? I'm making myself a hot cocoa today with stevia, cocoa powder, and coconut milk. For now, it's my once a week treat.

    I confess to sniffing yummy things also. I just try to remind myself of how many cookies or whatever it is I've eaten in my life and that I don't need anymore. I can live with the memory of some yummy Ben and Jerry's ice cream instead of storing it on my tummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm right there with you!!! It does seem discouraging when the scales don't go down when we KNOW they should! ;) But give it time, don't give up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Briana~Yeah, I'm still nursing, probably will be for another year. I was hoping all the extra calorie burning from nursing would work to my advantage?! And yes, I love STEVIA, I put it in my tea! Glad I'm not the only one sniffin' yummy stuff! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that weeks 3-5 are always the most difficult. Stick to it!!! I find usually after my 5th week I would start to lose more consistently (1-3 lbs. a week especially with exercise)....not just lbs, but inches too! Also, after the 5th week I found that cravings are almost gone. 3 weeks is about when most people throw in the towel....good for you for not doing it...you will reap the benefits of it! Looking good momma...here's to a healthier you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Jessica! That's such good encouragement, I'm going to pass that on to my husband...he's probably more discouraged than me! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YOU are doing great!!! And your pics looks just fine:)
    I've been discouraged the last week and kinda gave in :( gained a few lbs....bummer....but I'm NOT gonna give up!
    And bigger bummer, I can't try that delicious sounding Caribou choco mocha you told me about, cause I'm giving up coffee completely....Maybe I could get it in a steamer???
    Anyways, you are doing great~ keep it up!!!
    Jamie♥

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!