Friday, November 16, 2012

Weekly Wrap-up 16

I didn’t make a collage of all the food I cooked this  week, I didn’t really make anything note worthy.  But I did some special cooking with the children, you’ll see that in a bit.

This week we wrapped up our Thanksgiving Unit.  We had a such a great time, all of us!

010

011

016

They had a lot of fun gluing in the all the lapbooks and decorating the cover.

008

The Fronts.

010

The insides!

Along with finishing up their lapbooks we also did lots of reading.  I read them most of the books I got from the library.  One book, An Old Fashioned Thanksgiving by Louisa May Alcott, had a recipe in the back.  In a moment of inspiration I suggested we make the recipe.  Wow, you should have heard the squeals of delight!

AppleSlump

It was delicious, they did a GREAT job!

My original plan was to let them make soft pretzels as a closing activity for our Thanksgiving study.  Pretzels hold no significance, I just thought it would be fun.  And thankfully it WAS fun!

Soft Pretzels

On the highschool front…

Banana Taffy and Chocolate Taffy got fitted for their graduation cap and gowns this week.  So exciting!

Strawberry was supposed to take the PLAN test this week.  I totally screwed that up.  I had the time down wrong…we were a half hour late, the test already started.  I’m out the money, which is disappointing but not tragic. I’m more frustrated with myself for getting the timing wrong.  I tried so hard to make that happen.  Ah well…can’t do anything about it now. I guess I just have to find another test for her to take.  On a happier note, she is so excited to have 2 weeks off from school.  She was pretty much giddy all day!

Are you taking next week off?  Enjoy the time you’ve dedicated to being Thankful!

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

1 comment:

  1. The lapbooks look like great fun! Yesterday I encountered two huge bins of homeschool stuff - actual work and projects of my student. I can't wait to dig through 7 years of 3 inch binders of fun memories. Loved the pretzel photos. They are having FUN!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!