Sunday, January 6, 2013

December 2012

December was a full month, and even though there were emotionally exhausting times, when I look back over the photos on my phone I can see moments of joy too.  I like to focus on the joy.  Here’s a run down of December.

032      033

Chocolate Taffy got his wisdom teeth out. This might have actually been the end of November.

034

We got to go to a Christmas Orchestra Performance. (yeah we got there early…what can I say?)

053

Breakfast at Panera.

055

Marshmallow got her very own name plaque.  I took my time getting this, I was just procrastinating to find the perfect scripture.

061     066

We had the tummy flu…over Christmas.  Sad.

068

Blue-Raspberry turned 10!!  The ice-cream cake that I made melted in our subzero garage, I still can’t figure out how that happened.  Thankfully there is a Dairy Queen very close by!  Happy birthday son!

071

I got a new hat for Christmas.  Strawberry and I wore our BRIGHTEST hats to the Children’s Museum and EVERYBODY was starting at us.  lol

073      079

078   072

We ended the month with a visit to the Children’s Museum.  A happy day that ended with more sadness as our oldest son is going through a really hard time.

The good thing about hard times is that it makes us rely so much more on the Lord.  I can’t do this alone.  I can’t carry the weight of a rebellious child and a struggling relationship.  Thankfully I don’t have too.  This is my faith.  God is in control.  Ultimately it is His fight.  He loves my son even more than I do.  Focus on the joy.

The battle is the Lord’s,

Mrs. Taffy

9 comments:

  1. Love Marshmallow's name and scripture! So sweet, she looks so proud! And the photo of you and Strawberry in your hats! So cute! both of you! makes my day. Poor Laffy! how did you get that photo? January will be better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Isn't that picture funny? I was getting so bored of watching him sit there, waiting to barf. I took a picture with my phone to entertain myself. Doesn't he look pathetic? Little sweetie...

      Delete
  2. Love the picture of Laffy Taffy on the toilet! :D

    You'll be okay mom- promise! :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you sweet girl! Thanks for being such a loving and sensitive daughter. You lighten my load and bring me great joy!

      Delete
  3. Praise the Lord that his mercies are new every morning! Praise the Lord for a new beginning and a new year! You are on my prayer list! God will use your testimoney for his glory. May his name be forever praised! Your faith will move this mountain and crumble it under your feet. Proclaim it in Jesus name. Be strong and of good courage, the battle belongs to the Lord! He will be faithful to complete the good work he began in you and in all of your family. Amen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless you Melinda! Your encouragement revives my soul! Thank you!

      Delete
  4. Hey friend!

    Haven't been over here in a very long while. Sounds like you had a eventful month?

    What you said at the bottom of your post is where I have been this past year. I can totally relate. I don't know what is going on with your family but know that I can relate. We have had to deal with some issues here at home also with our oldest. The marvelous thing is the great peace of God that comes to me knowing that God has got the day. He has my children in the palm of His hands. All I can do is love them and be there for them, even in their foolishness. Through this they will find their own relationship with the Lord....the ultimate Goal. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris!! I've missed you so much! Thank you for leaving a comment to let me know that we are still bloggy friends!!

      I'm surprised how many people have been emailing me privately to say they understand...I think this thing, this rebellion we are dealing with isn't a new thing, just a new thing to us. It's hard all the same. And Yes, I totally agree, if God can capture their hearts during this time, it will be all worth it. Trusting Him for that and thanking Him for you!! xoxo

      Delete
  5. Of course we are still bloggy friends. Tsavah always fills me in since I don't go on Facebook that much either.

    I haven't posted on my blog in over a year, I think. My camera broke yet again so I haven't taken many pictures.

    Lots has changed here at home. Oldest is in college, Moriah in real school...she goes to the private school where we go to church at. She loves it! I am glad she is there. It was getting to be to much for me and she needed to be challenged.

    Tsavah and the rest are still here with me at home. That is another story. I have my ups and downs of course. :)

    I will be thinking and praying for you as you walk through this "new season".

    Big hugs from FLorida ((((hugs))))

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!