Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Thrifty Finds

Even though garage sale season is in hibernation, I still frequent my favorite thrift shops.  And since going the way of a budget it’s been even more fun finding good deals. 

085

I can’t take the credit for this find, Strawberry found it, but I did pay for it.  It’s a Longaberger Christmas Mug, nice quality like my Polish Pottery.  .99  LOVE IT!

087       086

I found this cast iron plate holder at Goodwill for $1.99, I was hoping I could use it to hold my cast iron pan.  It worked perfectly!  I have more pans to hang so I’m going to keep my eyes open for more of these plate holders.

088

This just made me smile.  $1.99  It’s a nice conversation starter as well. 

089

Another rooster for my collection.  This one is made of wood, I like the height it adds to my display.  Here’s a shot of the whole scene.

090

I’ve also been gathering up a nice supply of jeans for my 5 year old.  He’s been blowing through the ones I found at garage sales over the summer.  I’ve been able to get his jeans between $1.50 and $3.00 each.  That makes me happy and fits nicely into our budget.

Have you been thriting lately?  Find any treasures?

The battle is the Lord’s,

Mrs. Taffy

4 comments:

  1. That is exciting! I love it all! Reminded me I want a cast Iron frying pan. Good to see you back on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the display you have made with your treasures! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been missing you too.
    :)
    I can't get into my blog email...(forgot password)
    I've been wanting to email you for months now just to chat.
    If you could email me personally (mlebancs at hotmail dot com)

    This post has great photos of the kitchen, they're shots the realty company took when we listed.
    http://liveswearegiven.blogspot.ca/2012/03/crazy-couple-of-weeks.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh...I tried to email you...it bounced back.

      Delete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!