Saturday, May 2, 2009

In Honor of My Grandma Judy

In honor of my Grandma Judy who we left in W.A. I made these shortbread cookies to keep her in our hearts. I made the cookies and my mom had the idea of the chocolate. They were delicious! They were also very easy and fun to make. My mom let me make them all by myself but I still needed to know where everything was because I am still getting used to the new kitchen we have here. These pictures only show square cookies because before we got the camera out I made some triangle cookies but I put them in the freezer for the Woodbury Garage Sales! My whole family liked the cookies. Thanks for the recipe Grandma!!!! We miss you a ton!!! If any one else would like to try these cookies, here is the recipe:

Scotch Shortbread

1/2 lb butter (2 cubes)

1/2 cup sugar

2 cups flour

Cream butter until very soft. Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Add flour 1/2 cup at a time, mixing well. Press mixture with hands into 8x12 ungreased cookie pan with hands to 1/2-1/2 " thick. Set the oven to 350 degrees for 30 mins. (the thicker the dough the longer you have to bake it. My dough was pretty thin so I took it out a little early.) Makes 2-3 dozen.

Anyway, until next time!

Strawberry Taffy

6 comments:

  1. Dear Strawberry,

    Very nice story and very nice recipe.

    LOve, Papa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strawberry,

    That sounds like you had a fun time making those cookies! Thank you for posting the recipe. I'll have to try it out and let you know how it goes. For the chocolate, did you melt some chocolate chips and dip the cookies in them? They look delicious!

    Love, Cousin H2

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so funny. My youngest has been experimenting with shortbread cookies times 2 this week. She will have to try this one next! Lori~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Strawberry,

    You are a delightful young maiden! Thanks for sharing. I think my maiden and I will have to give these a try.

    Love and hugs,
    Mrs. Griffin
    P.S. - Isn't your day soon? I sent you a little package and hope you get it soon...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, we just melted chocolate chips in the microwave, they were semi-sweet. YUM! Her brothers couldn't get enough and they are really starting to love it that she is baking delicious goodies for them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Strawberry granddaughter, I sent a note here early Sunday morning! (but I think it got lost in cyberspace!) Aunt C. sent me an e-mail and said "Look at the Taffy's Blog... : ) : ). What a sweet surprise! I made everyone come look at it and they said "why don't you ever dip them in chocolate???" Well, I guess I better try!

    I Love you, Grandma J.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!