Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Apple Cinnamon Rolls

Oh My! This has got to be the tastiest thing I have made in a while. It was an experiment, sort of. I found out today that I am going to have some house guests next week (Yay!) so I'm planning to get as much cooking and baking done before their arrival. So today I made bread and cinnamon rolls and cookies. I froze the cookies and the cinnamon rolls raw so that on the day we plan on eating them, I can bake them and they will be as good as fresh. Anyway, I took some of the cinnamon roll dough and made these for us to eat for lunch today. I made my normal bread dough recipe, this is recipe I use here. I divided the dough up so that 3/4 of it was used to make normal cinnamon rolls and the other quarter I filled with:

2 cups of finely chopped apples
3 tbls. brown sugar
2 tsp. apple pie spice

I stirred it all together and let it sit there while I rolled out the dough. The apples seemed like they weren't going to stick to the dough to me, so I brushed the dough with olive oil first. The only reason I used Olive Oil is because my cute little bottle was sitting there, melted butter would work too. Then I spread the mixture over the dough and rolled it up and cut it like normal. Letting it rise and then baking it for 15 minutes on 350. I made a simple powder sugar glaze for the top! Oh My! My boys weren't here to try them, they were duck hunting. But the rest of us...I've got to make these again soon! And the best part is, they have even less sugar and fat than normal cinnamon rolls!

Joyfully,
Mrs. Taffy

4 comments:

  1. That looks really good! i will have to suggest that to my Mom!
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those apple cinnamon look delicious!!

    Moriah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm... those look good! They were delicious. Thanks mom!
    TT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi I'm Chris. That looks so good!! I should get my mom to make it! Check out my blog at
    www.puppylover2.blogspot.com
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!