Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Chicken Fried Rice

This is a recipe I've been meaning to share for a long time, but I kept forgetting to take a picture BEFORE it was eaten! This goes FAST at my house!

3 Tbls Butter
3 Green Onions or 1 small regular onion chopped (or do it the lazy way and use dried onions like I do.)
3 cups cooked rice-any flavor. The recipe says cold, but I think hot works better.
1/2 cup frozen peas ( I probably use more like a cup)
1/2 cup grated carrots ( I use two carrots for 3 batches)
1 TBLS Brown Sugar
3 TBLS soy sauce
1/2 garlic powder or salt or fresh garlic equivalent
1/4 tsp ginger (optional)
1 egg, scrambled and chopped up
Meat of your choosing, we usually use chicken, leftovers work perfectly!

Melt butter in skillet or wok. Add onions and cook until tender crisp. Add rice and veggies. Cook until tender crisp. Add remaining ingredients. Heat until warm.

I usually have to make 3 batches of this and there is NEVER any left over. We probably eat this once a week as our lunch. It smells so good when it's cooking and let me warn you, I MAKE A HUGE MESS when I cook this. But it's worth it! :o)


Joyfully,
Mrs. Taffy

P.S. I haven't forgotten the contest...waiting for a model...won't be much longer...I promise!!

5 comments:

  1. Yum!!! I can't wait to try it. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one of our favorites too! I make one huge pan, with 2 cups of jasmine rice, leftover meat, 2 eggs, sometimes frozen asparagus, but usually peas. Basically the same recipe and it goes fast too and never any leftovers!

    I could almost smell yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! That's one of our favorite meals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUMMY! I love homeade fried rice!!!
    ~Alli

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds so good!! Thank you for the recipe. I love reading all about your family and your homeschool. I wanted to let you know I gave you an award on my blog ourcountryroad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!