Saturday, March 27, 2010

Apple Blueberry Cake

We had the most delicious breakfast this morning! Since it's a new recipe I thought it would be fun to share. Especially if you like to make something special on the weekends like I do!
Apple Blueberry Cake
1/2 cup softened butter
1 1/2 cups sugar (I used organic Evaporated Cane Juice-raw would have been better, but I'm low)
3 eggs
2 1/2 cup flour ( I used fresh ground pastry flour)
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup sour cream ( I used homemade plain/sugar free yogurt)
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 tsp ground cardamom ( I used apple pie spice)
1 cup applesauce (I used all natural applesauce from Wal-mart)
1 cup blueberries ( I used frozen)
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp. flour

Cream together butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time. Dump in: flour, baking powder, soda, salt, sour cream, vanilla, cardamom and applesauce. Mix until blended, but don't over mix. In a little bowl combine blueberries, brown sugar and flour. Pour half the batter into a well-greased 9 x 13 pan, sprinkle the blueberries on top of first layer. Then cover with the rest of batter. Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes. ( it took 50 minutes for me)

I served it warm with strawberries on the side (that was as big of a treat as the cake!)

Hope you're having a great weekend!
Joyfully,
Mrs. Taffy

2 comments:

  1. Looks delicous, and I love the little blueberry boy at the end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds yummy! I bet H1 and H3 would love it.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!