Friday, October 29, 2010

Buckets-O-Fun-Review

imageAs part of The Old Schoolhouse Review Crew I was given some disgusting samples of “YUCK!” I’m writing this with a smile, because that’s what Buckets-O-Fun calls what they sent me: Yuck, Yuckier and Yuckiest to be exact!

buckets o' fun 001 Specializing in hand’s on activity’s Buckets-O-Fun sells, among many other things, polymer. We received a sample of Chunky Yuck, Saucy Yuck, Snowy Yuck and Sticky Yuck.

image

After adding a little water and stirring for a bit, what we got was a handful of amazing science!

buckets o' fun 004Sticky Yuck

buckets o' fun 002

Saucy Yuck

We just had a tiny little bit to play with but the idea is to buy a pound of it and make gallons of the goo to put on a slip and slide or fill water balloons with. Can you imagine! My teenagers could imagine the possibilities! My 2 year old LOVED the feel of Saucy and could not get enough of it!

There is definitely an element of supervision that needs to be in place when playing with Yuck as it can’t go down the drain or be ingested, but we had a lot of fun with our samples!

To see what other crew members thought visit the Crew Blog and to see other great products by Buckets-O-Fun visit their website.

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

Disclaimer: This sample was given to me for the sole purpose of this review, all opinions belong to me and I wasn’t paid! :)

HSCrew140x180

5 comments:

  1. Very interesting looking.....I'm thinking it would be a hit in our household!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUK! The kids looked thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking that would be a disaster with H3. She would try to eat it, or put it somewhere it wasn't supposed to go when I turn my head! Glad your kids enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. By there smiles it looks like they had a LOT of fun playing with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My 16 year old wants to buy a pound of yuck to play with! I hope he forgets about it.

    I think as a teen it would be fun to play with in a group setting. I'm just too old and prissy to appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!