Friday, October 8, 2010

Garlic Cheese Biscuits

This recipe is dedicated to my Facebook friend Michelle.  :o)

Garlic Cheese Biscuits 002

Here’s what you need:

3/4 cup wheat flour

1 1/4 cup unbleached white flour ( I have used fresh ground pastry flour)

2 tsp. baking powder

1/2 tsp. baking soda

1 tsp. salt

1/4 cup butter-cold ( I have also used organic shortening if I was short on butter)

2 Tbsp. honey

1 1/3 cups buttermilk

1/2 tsp garlic powder (I’m sure I use more than this, I just usually dump it in!  lol)

1 cup grated cheddar cheese

Combine dry ingredients.  Cut butter into dry ingredients.  Add honey and buttermilk.  Only add enough buttermilk until dough is sticky (I rarely use all it calls for).  Add cheese and garlic.  Spray a cookie sheet with Pam and plop spoonfuls of dough onto the cookie sheet.  One batch makes about 9 big biscuits.  I always double this recipe.  Bake at 425 for 12 minutes or until lightly browned.  Serve warm!

Garlic Cheese Biscuits 001 I recently served this with baked fish and acorn squash.  We also love these biscuits with any kind of soup. 

Enjoy!

Mrs. Taffy

4 comments:

  1. Oh my! These are by and far the best garlic cheese biscuits we've ever tasted!! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks good! I make a similar recipe using bisquick (oops, now you all know where Mrs. Taffy doesn't get her homemaking skills from!) and after they are baked, then I brush on melted butter with garlic. They make any plain meal a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look yummy and what a pretty dish.

    I just tagged you in a I want to know post. Play along if you want, no prob if you don't!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been reading your blog for a while and enjoying it. Just wanted to let you know I am having a giveaway that you might be interested in. Come by and take a peek if you have a chance.
    Blessings
    Diane

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!