Friday, November 5, 2010

Pumpkin Bread

Yesterday my Azure order came in.  Look at these cute cans of pumpkin I got.

005

In honor of these cute cans, I decided to make up some yummy pumpkin bread.

003

Pumpkin Bread

3 cups soft white wheat (pastry) flour

2 tsp. baking soda

1 1/2 tsp. salt

1 tsp. cinnamon

1 tsp. nutmeg

2 cups sugar (I used 1 cup organic and 1 cup raw)

1 cup vegetable oil (I used 1/2 cup oil and 1/2 cup natural applesauce)

4 eggs slightly beaten

2/3 cup water

2 cups canned pumpkin (those cute little cans only hold 1 1/2 cups, so I substituted more applesauce for the rest.)

1.  Preheat oven to 350.  Lightly spray with Pam three 9x5x3 pans or 2 bigger ones like I used.

2.  In a large bowl or mixer, combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar.  Make a well in the flour mixture.  Add the oil, eggs, water, pumpkin and mix well.

3.  Pour the batter in the pans and bake for one hour.  Cool slightly in the pan.  Transfer to a wire rack to cool.

This is the bread I mentioned in my Thanksgiving Menu post.  I’m going to send one loaf with my hunters in the morning and those of us left behind will eat ours for breakfast!

Do you want to see inside my pantry?  I just cleaned it out yesterday.  I love storing things in Mason jars.  That ice cream pail is full of macaroni noodles and the doggie treat container is an old cornstarch container.

006

And this is my baking cupboard.  That bottle on the center of the top shelf is my little bottle of olive oil, it’s actually an old glass syrup bottle.  I buy HUGE bottles of Olive Oil, and it’s nice to have a little bottle for drizzling on the cutting board or pouring in the skillet.

007

I just cleaned that out yesterday too.  I’ve been in the organizing mood and while our dinner was pretty pathetic last night, my cupboards are looking pretty tasty!  Ha!

Enjoy feeding your family,

Mrs. Taffy

4 comments:

  1. I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

    God Bless You :-)

    ~Ron

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a very charming pantry. And I think you've inspired me to make pumpkin bread. That looks so tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love pumpkin bread and the pumpkin cans are cute! Jealous of the pantry!!!! Kerri

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the new fall layout...it is great! And who knew...shelving dedicated to "baking" only - that is profound...I'm going to do that when we move...someday!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!