Thursday, December 16, 2010

Sewing Bug

Last Sunday I got to pick up my sewing machine!

Woohoo! 

When I pulled it out to do a little sewing the hand wheel was completely locked up…it wouldn’t sew.  Sometime before Thanksgiving we took it in to get fixed.  It’s perfect now!  The repair man even gave it a tune up and cleaned all the hidden parts and reset the thread tension (that part always confuses me!). 

While I was patiently waiting the sewing bug bit me HARD! 

Over past couple days this is what I made:

Three double-side receiving blankets.  They are flannel and bigger than the average receiving blankets—so soft and snuggly!

002

I eve did a little fancy applique on the reverse side of two of them.003

Five “Burpees”  you know, to catch burp-ups!  I would have made 6 but the last piece of flannel I had was missing a chunk…I put warm and natural cotton batting between the layers of flannel to make them more absorbent.  If you can’t tell, they are folded in half, so they are nice and long.004

Here are 3 of the 5 tea towel gift that I made for the ladies in our home fellowship.  I love how they turned out!  Inside is a book (still can’t tell you which since one them might be reading this…) and the bracelet on the outside has encouraging words about being a wife or mother.  The two I kept for myself say:  “I love my Husband”  and “I love Motherhood.”  I bought them from Above Rubies005

I also finished a baby quilt top.  I need to get something for the back still but once it’s done I’ll share a picture.  It’s not very big, and not fancy (just 4 1/2 inch squares), I think it will be perfect of baby to lay on while getting some tummy-time.  The theme is cupcakes.006

  I LOVE finishing projects!  I put my sewing machine away for the rest of Christmastime but will likely get it out again on the 26th!  I want to make Bubble Gum Taffy a matching doll quilt to the one I’m making for our baby and give it to her on her birthday in February.  I also want to make up some more blankets and “burpees” to be able to give as gifts throughout the year!

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

6 comments:

  1. What?? You're done already? I like the sound of a sewing machine running! :) Love you mom~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I'm glad to see the fabrics you used, so I can coordinate my projects! Love the tea towels. I don't know how you get anything like that done. You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You've been busy. Everything looks so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! I love the burpees, those would make nice gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, everything turned out so wonderful! Wish I had a reason for needing some custom made burpies....teee-heee! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!